Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

O2 Eliminators

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 11:27 AM
LockNut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Update: O2 Eliminators

I received the PC yesterday and installed it along with the O2 eliminators. The bike is running great with no surging.

I saw that. I have also been looking at Zippers ThunderMax EFI Controller. The problem I have is that I want to replace just the air cleaner and keep the pipes stock. There is no map for that setup yet. I can't find anyone in Maryland with the right dyno equipment to dyno the bike with just the air cleaner. And what I mean by right equipment is that you can not stick a sniffer in the stock exhaust pipes, you must read it at the O2 bungs.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:04 AM
rvcowboy
6th Gear

I think Terry has the right idea but spicing into wiring harness to install could be a Warranty nightmare!!

Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The closed loop systems sound good on paper but are just not "there" yet.

So did you remove the sensors completely or do they unplug?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

They are unplugged right now. I am thinking about taking them completely out and plugging the bung holes. I have given up on trying to find someone to tune it with just the air cleaner. Have done a lot of reading about tuning and wondering if it could be done on the street with a WEGO II Wide-Band AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) Metering System with Data Logging for General Engine Tuning. It seems to me that with the data logging, a person might just be able to analyze the data and tune it using that data. I am going to do more reading and will then post some questions. Maybe someone is doing it or has already done it.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:51 PM
bh73
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: LockNut

They are unplugged right now. I am thinking about taking them completely out and plugging the bung holes. I have given up on trying to find someone to tune it with just the air cleaner. Have done a lot of reading about tuning and wondering if it could be done on the street with a WEGO II Wide-Band AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) Metering System with Data Logging for General Engine Tuning. It seems to me that with the data logging, a person might just be able to analyze the data and tune it using that data. I am going to do more reading and will then post some questions. Maybe someone is doing it or has already done it.
Did the stock DynoJet map cool the bike down any? I ordered one yesterday because the heat on my 07 heritage is almost unbearable. The pipes at the head will glow red with the stock setup.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bh73

Did the stock DynoJet map cool the bike down any? I ordered one yesterday because the heat on my 07 heritage is almost unbearable. The pipes at the head will glow red with the stock setup.
It seems to have cooled it down some. I did install the Accelerator Pump and boy is it running good now.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

I just ordered a PCIIIUSB for my '07 Ultra. I will be trying the map from PC and the custom map from Fuel Moto. I am going to take it to Battlefield Harley Davidson just outside of Gettysburg for the "fine" tuning. I live in Virginia and don't mind riding to Pennsylvania (just came back from York).

This O2 thing has been confusing me as well. Battlefield was tuning a brand new '07 when I stopped by there this past Saturday. They are an authorized Dynaflow dealer/tuner. They charge $57 for a dyno run and around $130 to tune the bike. The service woman told me I can "bring what I have" and they will tune it...no hardware purchase from them needed.

Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Locknut..what settings did you use to configure the Accelerator Pump?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also would like to know how you you installed the acc. pump. When I had the PCIII hooked to my computer and the 9 volt plugged in it kept saying no power, the light was on. The 9 volt was an old battery, maybe not enough power?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

I tried the 75 sens/20 fuel/15 revs and didn't like it. Changed it to the 90 sens/15 fuel/20 revs and love it.

Quick Reply: O2 Eliminators