Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Custom Map

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:42 AM
LockNut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Map

I just picked up my bike from Eastern Performance after having a PCIII, air cleaner and custom map installed. When I got home, I could not find a disk (CD or floppy) for the custom map. I called Rob and was told that they do not give the custom maps out and that they have no way to download them. I paid for the custom mapping so shouldn't I have gotten the custom map?

Old 09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Custom Map

To retrieve your map, you will need the USB cable and the Powercommander software installed on your PC.....

You can download it off the web, and compare it to the "Base" installed map to see the difference...

FWIW, your Tuner told you an untruth, as the PC is the unit that you can retrieve the map as it is in the "Soft memory"......

Unlike the SERT....

Old 09-20-2006, 02:03 PM
notarheli
Cruiser

I did about the same thing. My tuner gave me the dyno printout but no map (electronic or print). As Shovelhead Bob said, I hooked it up to a laptop and downloaded the map. Although my tuner has the map in his database, I wanted it so that I could either mess with/compare it or, to have in case my PCIII took a dump.

Barry

Old 09-20-2006, 02:10 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a debate on this about giving a map to a customer. Some tuners and shops believe that the map belongs to them and if they give it to the customer, he'll pass it on to others with similar builds and the tuner/shop won't be financially compensated.

I believe that it belongs to the customer, and have been able to convince my tuner to give it to me on CD.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:25 AM
LockNut
Cruiser

Not sure these guys would know how to burn a CD. Eastern Performace is suppose to be a "Power Commander Tuning Cener" but I am starting to question their abilities.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

LN, I used to work at Eastern. They are very qualified, but don't hold your breath waiting for the map. Your bike, Yep! Your PCIII, Yep! Your custom map, Sorta![sm=interesting.gif][sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
LockNut
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 20FXST06

LN, I used to work at Eastern. They are very qualified, but don't hold your breath waiting for the map. Your bike, Yep! Your PCIII, Yep! Your custom map, Sorta![sm=interesting.gif][sm=smiley13.gif]
Maybe they are, but looking at the dyno run there was no before run just the after. Nor do I see anything about the air/fuel mixture. I'm starting suspect that they just put the bike on the dyno, ran through the gears one time and called it done.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16682/77519CECC9134741AAD3FBBE293142B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-21-2006, 11:39 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

LN, I'd call Tim and ???? him about it. That don't seem right to me either. I DO think there should be a before run also.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
LockNut
Cruiser

I called Dynojet to see about the O2 eliminators. Sure enough, Matt DID NOT do the dyno run correctly which is what I suspected. Its a long story, but the upside is that Tim actually called me and wants me to bring the bike back so the can take the PC off and reinstall my original AC and give me a complete refund. I will never do business with them again. I am looking for a good tuning shop if you know of any.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:46 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain

LN, heard a few good things about these guys but have never used them, YET. They are about the closest that only work on HD. Give them a call, see what they say, can't hurt. Let us know what the outcome is.

American Cycle Performance
30 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone:
410-787-7300
E Mail:
acpman@comcast.net

Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
Sat 8am - 4pm

Quick Reply: Custom Map