Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

there is no usb to com port "adaptation" going on here. This is a serial port (com port) and it (com port) must be adjusted to accomodate communication with the TTS. Check your TTS manual, it will tell you what baud rate this thing commuincates at and once you set you com port at that particular baud rate, that will solve your communication issues. I'm a 24 year IT guy so if you continue to have issues, PM me and I'll provide you some contact info and we can go from there...

Old 10-31-2010, 04:35 AM
TexasDwight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I haven't seen too many "Brand Spanking Shiny new Laptops" with a serial port on them.

But I am probably mistaken

Old 10-31-2010, 05:27 AM
user 9375875
Banned

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
there is no usb to com port "adaptation" going on here. This is a serial port (com port) and it (com port) must be adjusted to accomodate communication with the TTS. Check your TTS manual, it will tell you what baud rate this thing commuincates at and once you set you com port at that particular baud rate, that will solve your communication issues. I'm a 24 year IT guy so if you continue to have issues, PM me and I'll provide you some contact info and we can go from there...
TTS can be purchased with either a USB adapter or a standard serial port cable. As Texas mentioned, I haven't seen a laptop built in the last 5 years or so with a serial port, so my assumption the OP is using a USB-Serial adapter.

The TTS software automatically configures the BAUD rate each time the program runs, this is not something the user ever has to deal with. Adjusting this will make no difference at all, as Mastertune overrides any settings you make .

That said, not all USB serial adapters are compatible with Mastertune. If he is using a TTS adapter, it is well tested with Mastertune, others not so much.

--Gary

Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the folks at TTS would be happy to assist you, if you want. Call them, they have seen most issues.

When I installed my TTS software an a new ACER netbook running windoze 7 home premium the first time, I overlooked installing the TTS drivers (sometimes I don't read instructions). It wouldn't connect. I started over, installed the drivers and software and everything connected seamlessly, did not have to touch a thing. The newest TTS version has a few improved connection features, I think. Make sure to run the updater.

The TTS serial to USB adapter is in the cable, the VCI has a serial connector, the PC has a USB connector, the adapter translates the protocol and signalling.

Last edited by ColdCase; 10-31-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Dbstglide
Advanced

Thanks for all the help guys, Im going to try and work it out today. I think the trying the other connector is going to be my best bet, just gotta find it. I have been using the one under the seat

Old 10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbstglide
Thanks for all the help guys, Im going to try and work it out today. I think the trying the other connector is going to be my best bet, just gotta find it. I have been using the one under the seat
07 and earlier Touring with throttle cables are under the right hand side cover. 08 and later with DBW throttle are under the left hand side cover.

The one under the seat is for Aux power.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Dbstglide
Advanced

That sounds like a good place to start...