Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:27 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PCIII

Okay, I know all info. on this stuff has been posted before, but refresh my brain, please. What is the advantage with the PC III, over the V&H fuel pack ? Also, what are the O2 eliminators ? And what purpose does it serve ?

Old 09-14-2006, 08:02 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: PCIII

Here is what I was told. The o2 sensor eliminators send a reference signal to the ECM so that it thinks they are hooked up. I purchased my PCIII from Fuelmoto, who also told me that the o2 sensors do nothing for performance. I am okay with this but on the other hand, what ifs come to mind. When EPA does crack down what are we going to do? Seems there will never be a map built to accomadate the o2 sensors to work correctly. *your call on using the system....I think it is still good but again what IF....I would think somebody could make these work.

I installed mine in the 07 FLHT last night and for some odd reason the thorttle position keeps adjusting itself. It takes only 4 to 10 miles and then all hell breaks loose, the bike surges very bad. Jamie at Fuelmoto gave me advise and after following it determined it is a bad PCIII so I sent it back today. I like the way the bike ran with until the problems developed. Just maybe, I am the lucky one that has to have problems.

Now on the VH fuelpack, I cannot answer that question. I read somewhere that it only changes the fuel preimeters and no other adjustments can be made if on a dyno. All canned maps.