Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New PCIII Installed - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New PCIII Installed - Help?

I emailed Jamie tonight at Fuelmoto but will not get a response until morning. Any of you experienced this yet?

07 FLHT, VH Turndown slip-ons, SE A/C, KN Filter and the PCIII with o2 eliminators....

Bike ran excellent for the quick 10 mile test ride, but after returning to normal slow riding in the neighborhood it started to surge almost dieing at idle. I raised the idle up with the throttle and it continued to surge. After I let it cool down breifly 2-3 minutes and restarted the bike was fine. Did not take it out again. I did however recheck the connectors on the ECM and PCIII and all were well. The second part to this is that it does not fire right up as it used to before the changes. Seems to crank longer. Not sure on the map installed by fuelmoto, but the box says (307 w/o2)

This thing has is a completely different bike from the firs 800 miles, WOW what a difference. Just want to get these items corrected.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New PCIII Installed - Help?

Cranking issue is due to the fact that you are using a modem type Fuel management system....

CKP, Inj and coil signals are intercepted, delayed and modified when you use this type of system.....

The surging tells me that the original ECM programming is hunting for a sensor or actuator....

Going by the (307 w/o2) that, to me says that it is supposed to have the o2 sensors in line.....

Makes me wonder how they are designing these maps when I hear about this stuff....

I know how Dynojet does it, as I just got my Re-Certification last week, and have been tuning them for a few years.....

Still not keen on the o2 eliminators.....

If and when the EPA ****'s start handing out fines, there are going to be a lot of pizzed off riders....

Old 09-13-2006, 11:40 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master

Shovelhead,

Fuelmoto told me they would never build a map with the o2 sensors to work. This does not bother me from a performance standpoint however I am with you on the EPA down the road. If it is there surely someone can make these things work with a map? In the box were the o2 plug eliminator so I installed them without instructions, pretty straight forward. Wouldn't the bike give codes IF it could not find the sensor or acutator it is looking for. None here at this time.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

The PC has been known to prevent CEL's from popping up.....

Old 09-14-2006, 11:41 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master

Update,
Found that the PCIII went bad. Guess I was the lucky one to have this happen too. Had to ship back to fuelmoto for replacement, hope all goes well next week when I start this again. Everyone else on the forum has had no problems.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 AM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not true, I had to send mine back also.