Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H Fuel Pak vs Power Commander vs H-D's kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Dharmapunk
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Fuel Pak vs Power Commander vs H-D's kit

Alright, So I'm buying a 2011 Fat Boy Lo in a couple of weeks. I'm having the dealer install my V&H 2 into 2 pipes, heavy breather and some sort of fuel pak to properly set the fuel mixture at no charge as part of the purchase. What's the best set-up and why..? V&H Fuel Pak, Power Commander or Harley-Davidson's controller..?

1...2...3...Go..!

Thanks in advance for any help with this one,
Hawke

Old 09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Thats the same set up I have and it works great for me. Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

Don't go with the HD download. I did and it sucks. Tomorrow I am getting a SERT installed with dyno however it seems like the TTS may be the way to go as a dyno is not necessary.

From what I read, V&H fuel pack limits you to a Stage 2.....Give the TTS a look over as it sounds great.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Dharmapunk
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Avalanche123
Don't go with the HD download. I did and it sucks. Tomorrow I am getting a SERT installed with dyno however it seems like the TTS may be the way to go as a dyno is not necessary.

From what I read, V&H fuel pack limits you to a Stage 2.....Give the TTS a look over as it sounds great.
Looks like it may be a 2010 Fat Boy Lo I'm getting now. I got pissed at my local dealer when they wouldn't budge on price after already buying a Fat Bob from them a week ago for a friend. They also lied when I asked them to do a National dealership search for an '09 Night Train. They said there were none available. Another dealer in AZ found 4 of them: 1 in CA, 1 in MT, 1 in AZ & 1 in a closed dealership in Kennewick, WA. Anyhow, I'm now working with a new dealership in the Seattle area.

So, I've read quite extensively about the V&H fuelpak and have been reading a thread on here that touts praise for the V&H pak, but haven't heart of the TTS. I asked this new dealer about it and apparently it's made by the same guy who designed the Harley-Davidson "Race Tuner". He agrees it's the best. You can also use it on two bikes...which apparently you cannot do with the H-D one. I'm getting a stage one upgrade w/ heavy breather, big radius V&H 2 into 2 pipes and the TTS tuner. They will install everything and Dyno the bike.

Woot..!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

We have a very similar set up...except I have a SE Race Tuner Pro. Dyno showed I have about 72 hp at 5200rpm. I'd love to know what you end up with. Can you post your numbers after your dyno?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Dharmapunk
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Avalanche123
We have a very similar set up...except I have a SE Race Tuner Pro. Dyno showed I have about 72 hp at 5200rpm. I'd love to know what you end up with. Can you post your numbers after your dyno?
I'm still struggling here, but will post the Dyno results if you still want them. Seems the H-D mechanics at the new dealership are unfamiliar with the TTS system and don't want to do it. They want to install the SE race tuner as well and are insisting it is the best for H-D bikes. I do not know if this is the download that you were talking about that you were unhappy with..? I think we are going to go with the H-D SE Race Tuner and Dyno for now and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've read on the SERT threads that it works fine. I read somewhere that someone was quoted $700.00 for a Dyno. They told me it takes about 3 hours and will cost $282.00. Their shop rate is $94.00 an hour in Seattle.

I wish I had more time to research this stuff..!

Krist

Last edited by Dharmapunk; 09-13-2010 at 06:13 PM.