Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Finally someone listened

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:40 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally someone listened

This will be the last you hear from me about the 8* injector issue. I finally found a dealer in my area who listened to my complaint of surging and cold start spitting and almost stalling and said "no problem bring it in tomorrow and we will change them to the 25* ones and take care of any other concerns you might have. Holy cow a dealer that listened and understood. 3 dealers including the dealer I purchased my bike from refused to acknowledge I even had a problem. Guess where I'll be spending my money from now on...................BG

Old 09-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Finally someone listened

That's kind of amazing. When I called my dealer for the 1k service I mentioned the same issue and he said no problem that they would replace the injectors during the service. They did and never any hassle....

If the bike is stock then they should have also downloaded an update to the ECM.

Glad it worked out for you....

Mike
NY

Old 09-07-2006, 05:37 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

Thanks Mike, taking the bike (06 SG) in tomorrow 9-8-06 for the upgrade. I'll be sure to mention the download update to the ECM too................BG

Old 09-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Dragonsoni
Advanced

The dealer that I live a mile away from which I bought my previous bike, upfront told me they would only do the TBS if they experienced a problem with my bike, so I took that as NO.

Wrote the dealer from who I purchased my new bike, to a none descript infomation address and instead of writing back, they looked up my phone number (which was not provided on the email), the dealer's service manager called me, he KNEW of the TBS and told me to bring it in at my convenience and they would do it no problem. I know too, where all my money will be going and they are 35 miles away (70 mile round trip).

What a difference between dealers.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My dealer said "no problem the MoCo is paying for it"

ORIGINAL: Mike NY

That's kind of amazing. When I called my dealer for the 1k service I mentioned the same issue and he said no problem that they would replace the injectors during the service. They did and never any hassle....

If the bike is stock then they should have also downloaded an update to the ECM.

Glad it worked out for you....

Mike
NY

Old 09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

Just a quick update. Took my bike to the dealer this afternoon for scheduled 25 degree injector swap and fork lock update. The mechanic introduced himself to me and spoke directly with me about my concerns. 1 hour later everything was done including reflash of ECM and road test. Nothing scratched or dinged. Everything done to my satisfaction. Cost to me, nothing , nada. This is the type of service you expect but seldom get in this day and age. All this and I didnt even buy my bike from this dealer which makes me feel a bit guilty, but you can bet your a$$ I'll buy my next bike from them and give them all my business from now on. My helmet is off to everyone at GOWANDA Harley Davidson, Gowanda NY......................BG

Old 09-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

From what i've read it has been hit and miss with dealers giving problems.
I deal with Electric City HD here in Scranton. They have always been great people to do business with. I had a misunderstanding with their SM once, but they have always bent over backwards for me.
I had the injector upgrade done about 4 weeks ago and while I was there, I showed them a clear coat issue with my tank. Much to my suprise, I got a call 2 nights ago saying my new tank was in and to call and schedule an appointment.
Now thats service.

Smitty