Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Is this the dreaded 8 degree injector problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:48 PM
gilbertb11
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this the dreaded 8 degree injector problem?

Thanks guys, I know I was late in realizing that there was a recall, given that the post before mine was over a month ago, but I really appreciate all of the anwers. And geargrinder, you're right dealerships do handle things differently. I called the nearest one to me and the guy responded by saying he didn't know anything about it, he had me give him my vin and then said well, i don't see and recalls. Which is correct but for the service bulletin. I then called another dealership about 30 mins away and the guy was like yeah, just bring it in. He initially asked for the vin then when I called back with it, he says no problem... just bring it in. Now, I still haven't mentioned anything about the PCIII. I'm going to cross my fingers.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this the dreaded 8 degree injector problem?

ORIGINAL: ultraultra

Does anybody know if this affects the 05 models? It seems like every morning when I leave the house, I just get out of the drive and I'm into my lean for the right turn and it pukes. Just hits a flat spot, starved for fuel. I've noticed some popping when I let off to shift gears too. On the dyno, the air/fuel ratio is almost a flat line at 13 (12.85-13.7 variation).
This does not affect the "05" models as the 8 degree injectors were only introduced into the early "06" models. It sounds like you have something else going on with your "05". Post the question as a new topic and I'm sure someone else who has had that problem will also have a good answer for you...........BG