Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Front cylinder not firing...???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 10:11 AM
mellio157
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 02 Road King that one of the cylinders cut out and then stopped all together. The connectors on the injector were loose enough that when heat expanded things the connection was lost and the bike was on one lung. Replaced the connectors and lengthened the wires for both injectors... well my mechanic did it, in fact he had the same problem about 2 weeks before mine which pointed him right to the problem.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Finally getting somewhere.....

OK........After some discussion with a very knowledgable tuner.......we had some concerns about the new ECM that was installed. I callled HD Customer service and went over my new problems that came after the new ECM install. Harley insisted that the new ECM was the only replacement for my bike and it was the right one.

So, I filled my tank and poured Amsoil fuel cleaner in it and ran the tank low......and VOILA.....the bike actually started to idle on its own........sometimes. I went through three tanks of gas, one with the Amsoil cleaner and two with the Seafoam cleaner and the idle is much much better, but not always. If I tether the throttle at stops I can get it to Idle on its own about 60% of the time now.

I went to Harley today and got the "Fuel Filter kit" and am going to replace the fuel filter today or tomorrow.

I'll follow up with all y'all ..................

PS: Thanks much for ALL the helpful input!!! Hope my saga helps someone else out.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Default Forced the issue on HD thanks to POWERVISION

Power Vision purchased from Fuelmoto....thank you Jamie....

per procedure......copied MAP......it was cal ID 32899-07h....new fuelmoto map would not load...have a newer ECM (not an 02).....emailed copied map to Jamie.......above MAP installed from dealer is for 2007 Dyna, with o2 sensor feedback and 96ci engine....problem is I have an 02 RK Classic, no o2 sensors and an 88ci engine.

OK put the brakes on the Powervision for now........

I have tried in the nicest way for the last ten days to make Harley customer service and the dealership admit their error. Took bike back to same dealer today and they could not read the VIN with the Digital Tech computer....just showed blank/no VIN. They read the data and it was cal ID 32899-07h.

After a somewhat heated exchange with the service manager.....(I really got hot when he stated that "anybody could have put that map in there...even you")

Anyway...the big boss of the dealership came out....calmed me down.....and assured me it would get corrected. And finally.................................it did.

They connected the Digital tech to headquarters Harley technical and all looked at my bike.....did not understand how that happened. Loaded VIN and the stage 1 MAP. The tech's at HD (HQ) said somehow the Data on the ECM got wiped.....saying that someone tampered with it.

Of course.....the bike ran like crud from day one after the ECM was put in. No one tampered with it!! That dealership can clearly see the products I bought to replace suspect parts AFTER the ECM change.

Throughout the course of this problem......HD blames dealership.......dealership blames HD.....both suspect ME...and both suspect Powervision.

The fault is wrong VIN put in new ECM or Digital Tech did not marry Cal to ECM correctly or VIN to ECM correctly = dealership and HD.

BTW Jamie......it was mentioned that Harley is considering a lawsuit over the Powervision.......They DO NOT LIKE the fact that anyone can change the maps and change them back........and not leave any footprints when Harley looks at the ECM.

THE BIKE RUNS THE BEST IT HAS EVER RAN......just have a check engine light on now when it runs.......But I can look at the codes now.....thanks to POWERVISION.......tomorrow.....heheheh.

Last edited by mrmud4x4; 04-08-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
mrmud4x4
Road Captain
Default Finally right!

Fault code was P1353 Front cylinder combustion.......Of course!! (front plug was nasty)

New harley plugs and screaming eagle 10mm wires (red, to match my bike)......cleared fault (with my powervision)......went for a comfortable country road sunset cruise.......no more faults.

couple more weeks.....change the oil.....flash the MAP that Jamie from fuelmoto gave me.....and do some fine tuning...........!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmud4x4

BTW Jamie......it was mentioned that Harley is considering a lawsuit over the Powervision.......They DO NOT LIKE the fact that anyone can change the maps and change them back........and not leave any footprints when Harley looks at the ECM.
TTS has that ability too. Guess HD will be suing everyone.