Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPST map copy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
ShortFatMexican
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SEPST map copy?

My SEPST map was downloaded when I bought my bike a couple of years ago. I have since moved and use a new dealer for service/ parts. My question is, if I go back to my original dealer will they still have the copy of original map, and, will I be able to get a copy on a flash drive after all of this time??

Old 08-12-2010, 07:10 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the latest SESPT software an update, you can download the map from your ecm.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Your post states that you have a Super Pro Tuner (SEPST) yet your signature line says Super Tuner (SERT). Which one do you have?

If your bike has spent time on your dealers dyno then the dyno operator should have a copy of your map on his tuning computer. If your bike didn't have any dyno time then your map can be found on the installation disk as a canned map.

You would be surprised how long a dyno guy holds on to maps but if your old dealership has a new dyno guy... doubt he has yours. Dyno guys deem their built maps as proprietary information and usually will not give them out, not even to the owner of the bike. Some will though so it's worth a phone call.

-wiz

Old 08-12-2010, 02:04 PM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i think the last map flashed is backed up on the VCI

Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM
ShortFatMexican
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Your post states that you have a Super Pro Tuner (SEPST) yet your signature line says Super Tuner (SERT). Which one do you have?

If your bike has spent time on your dealers dyno then the dyno operator should have a copy of your map on his tuning computer. If your bike didn't have any dyno time then your map can be found on the installation disk as a canned map.

You would be surprised how long a dyno guy holds on to maps but if your old dealership has a new dyno guy... doubt he has yours. Dyno guys deem their built maps as proprietary information and usually will not give them out, not even to the owner of the bike. Some will though so it's worth a phone call.

-wiz
Thanks for the advice. BTW, it's actually a Pro Super Tuner. Tell you how little I know about all of this, I didn't know there was difference. I'll change my sig info.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by mang0
i think the last map flashed is backed up on the VCI
Only if you have a later version of the cd and have upgraded the vci. You need 32111-10 or newer.