Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Ignition Switch - or FOB? Or missing something.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:16 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 340 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Ignition Switch - or FOB? Or missing something.

Hello - in a bit of a pickle here.

Well it thought I'd take on my Klock Works ergo bars from stock changeout on the 2009 FLHX.

When complete, fuel pump spools up, starter solenoid clicks, but no crank.

I was fairly meticulous in my disassembly and re assembly. I had to take the lock / ignition mechanism off, so it may be an alignment issue, or maybe a battery FOB issue.

The switch when turned to IGNITION, lights [hi and low] Signals, Radio, hand controls, fuel pump, tail lights, all work. however the solenoid pulls in for the starter, but no cranking...

So it is way too late to work on it anymore, but i'm a little disappointed so say the least. The job was going so well.

I can't remember, if I don't have a FOB nearby, does the fuel pump run when going to accessory?

I couldn't remember the sequence to type in my override code. I might need to try that.

Could the alignment of the switch be off? I don't think so, as the headlight comes on when it is supposed to, on ignition, and shuts off at Accessory.

I'll pull the fairing again, I am ticked, I shoulda fired the bike before the fairing, but the GF was getting tired etc. etc. I know, rush rush... [hey she kept me company during the entire job!!]

Your help is appreciated in advance.
Oh, bike ran earlier and was shut off, 6 hours before.

Thanks

Old 08-03-2010, 12:03 AM
NiteOwl
Supporter
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi, did you get it to run? or even turn over? Seems that if she does not turn over and all your getting is the starter pulling in and nothing else, it maybe the battery died. Got a charger? Or more likely a FUSE is blown, can you check those?

signed a neighbor