Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Better Fuel Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:16 PM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Better Fuel Mileage?

I've got my 06 RKC with EFI set up the the Stage 1, V&H True Duals, and Oval Slip-ons. I've also installed a Power Commander USBIII. I have installed map# M807-180 which has the following description: "05 Model, Vance & Hines True Dual headers with oval slip-ons, Stage 1 ECU and Screamin Eagle air filter". Using that map I've been able to eliminate pretty much all popping and backfiring on decel and otherwise. And the bike's performance is outstanding, especially in the midrange. However, my fuel mileage has really suffered. Before this setup I was getting between 43-47 mpg, I never even considered stopping for fuel until I hit 170-180 on the trip meter. Now I'm lucky to get between 32-36 mpg and can barely make 150 on a tank before my fuel light comes on.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a map (stock or otherwise) that will help the fuel mileage a bit without losing too much in performance? Perhaps I can manually adjust the powercommander to compensate, but I'm not too confident in doing that without some input from you guys. I'm more than willing to give up a little performance to help the mileage. I'd like to find a nice balance without it running like crap. Thanks in advance for input you guys can give me.

Pete

Old 08-23-2006, 10:33 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Better Fuel Mileage?

move the midrange button down one light bar and ride it enough to see where the mileage is. Try 2 bars if necessary.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
ACRoadKing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Better Fuel Mileage?

move the midrange button down one light bar and ride it enough to see where the mileage is. Try 2 bars if necessary.
Thanks....that's the kind of information I was after. I've got a 4hr trip to the Pocono's tomorrow, so I'll make the adjustment and give it a try.