Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC-V with Autotune question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
autotech01
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC-V with Autotune question

09 fatbob with this set up installed, i am still getting some decel popping. The trim level have been accepted and seem to run better for the most part. is there maybe a setting that i am missing that should be checked. also when i ride in town seems to still get hot after awhile but starts to idle rough and sounds like it wants to die when taking off from a stop, since i have put this unit on again is there maybe a setting that i might be missing. I have read all material that PC sent me and searched the web to no avail.

Last edited by autotech01; 05-30-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:49 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dunno if the PC autotune disables the "parade mode" If not, when the engine gets very hot, the ECU shuts down the rear cylinder, making it sound like its missing and running on one. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. Blipping the throttle will reactivate the rear cylinder, making it easier to start out.

I dunno why the autotune is making the bike run hotter than the stock, unless there is something amiss. If you bought the PCV from Jamie, give him a call.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:34 AM
autotech01
4th Gear

I didnt get it from Jamie, But i have tried to call Dynojet tech support and the wait time was like an hour. I did notice some options under the menu option
POWER COMMANDER
HARLEY ECM
DECEL LEANOUT

In the harley ecm menu there are alot of options that are not checked.

But this option is unchecked and i cant find anything out about this option in their manual or website. And as far as the parade mode, i was curious as if somehow during the install this could have been activated? i have read that with this model it has to be dealer activated and deactivated is this true? But from what i have read about parade mode this sounds to be the case of what is happening.

Last edited by autotech01; 05-31-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:38 AM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by autotech01
09 fatbob with this set up installed, i am still getting some decel popping. The trim level have been accepted and seem to run better for the most part. is there maybe a setting that i am missing that should be checked. also when i ride in town seems to still get hot after awhile but starts to idle rough and sounds like it wants to die when taking off from a stop, since i have put this unit on again is there maybe a setting that i might be missing. I have read all material that PC sent me and searched the web to no avail.

How many trims have you done ? It may take a few to dial it in assuming
your map is correct to start with.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
autotech01
4th Gear

After the first 100 miles i accepted rode 350 miles accepted again and then one more time after 500 miles. the trim table numbers are very small. But then again even the smallest can make a difference. As far as using the correct map i used the one closest to my set up the downloadable map was for the longshots but i have the short shots. I know that this has a little to do with the popping by having the shorter exhaust but i would think by now it would be to a min. Under the harley config screen should any options other than Eng Temp be checked? Would checking the decel enleanment help?

Old 05-31-2010, 11:57 PM
hornhonker
Tourer

Perhaps if you were to upload your map with a full list of any stage 1 mods we might make some suggestions ?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
autotech01
4th Gear

It keeps telling me that it is an invalid file.

As for as the mods
SE High Flow Intake
Vance & Hines Short Shots

Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
hornhonker
Tourer

Try zipping up the file and then load it.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
autotech01
4th Gear

ada.zip

vance and hines short shot staggered
screamin eagle high flow intake

Old 06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
dcfatboy
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you checked for exhaust leaks at the cylinders?

Quick Reply: PC-V with Autotune question