Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC V Popping... Considering DynoJet AutoTune???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010 | 10:18 AM
00wildcat
Cruiser

Iclick: I tried PMing you your box is full, sorry for jacking the thread. I hope that you can help me. I have an '08 RK w/Fuelmoto PC-V, and I purchased an Innovate LM-2 Wideband data logger. I'm a tinker on all sorts of vehicle projects which is why I bought a data logger instead of an auto tune for the same or less money. While taking A/R readings is very straight forward, finding wiring diagrams showing what and where to get sensor readings on a Harley is NOT (OBD2 car simply requires pluging into diagnostic port)! Can you point me in the right direction? I've tried Jamie and Dynojet.

Old 05-08-2010 | 05:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 00wildcat
Iclick: I tried PMing you your box is full, sorry for jacking the thread.
Thanks for the heads-up. I just cleaned it out.

I hope that you can help me. I have an '08 RK w/Fuelmoto PC-V, and I purchased an Innovate LM-2 Wideband data logger. I'm a tinker on all sorts of vehicle projects which is why I bought a data logger instead of an auto tune for the same or less money. While taking A/R readings is very straight forward, finding wiring diagrams showing what and where to get sensor readings on a Harley is NOT (OBD2 car simply requires pluging into diagnostic port)! Can you point me in the right direction? I've tried Jamie and Dynojet.
Well, I'm certainly way down the line in expertise compared to Jamie and DJ. It's like comparing Carl Sagan with the kid next door with a toy telescope. The head temp is readable by the PCV software and the LCD-200 display unit, and the latter is also capable of data-logging. I've been playing with one for a few weeks now.

The PCV gets ECM info through the J1850 port, but I don't know which pin(s) provide the data. The PCV software is capable of displaying head temp, speed, RPM, IAC steps, MAP, Voltage, Target idle RPM, TP, and several other data items through the J1850 port. How to get to it is beyond my knowledge, but I would very much like to know if you find out. I have often wanted to use this source to tap for front-head temp, but I never figured it out.

Old 05-08-2010 | 05:50 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nighty09
For what it's worth, here's what the folks at DynoJet came back with:

We recommend tuning out decell popping manually. Auto-tune is not a good tool for tuning out decell popping because the exhaust flow under deceleration is inconsistent.
Decell popping does not necessarily mean that the bike is running lean or rich. It is simply unburnt fuel being released into the exhaust and igniting in the pipe.
DJ doesn't recommend using any target AFR's in the 0% TP area and this is where decel popping occurs. I've never had a problem with it on any bike or any exhaust configuration, so I can't give any first-hand help with it. I do know that most tune it out by trying different values on a trial-and-error basis. I have -10 from 3000 on up and I have no problems. Others find that positive values work for them, so if I had the problem I would first make sure air isn't leaking around the muffler juncture at the pipe, then start playing with the values in the base map at 0% TP.