Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signals don't work.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals don't work.

OK I broke one of my rules. I worked o my bike before a run.

What I did: I purchased a tour pack and had to relocate the stock antenna. So I went to a local auto parts store and purchased a small powered antenna that would fit under the front fairing on my 06 street glide. I installed it and wired it up to the cigarette positive and negative leads. When I turned the bike on no power to the antenna but I received some stations, was pressed for time and said screw it and buttoned her up.

What I found so far: When I got on her Saturday and rode down the street I discovered I had no turn signals. Upon further investigation I found the following: Neither the Speedo or the tach are functional or illuminated, the brake light does'nt work, turn signals fuction with the alarm only. I found the 15amp fuse for accessories blown but replaced it. No joy, however it did not blown again.

I have a factory manual but the schematics are small and hard to follow.

Anyone know whats next?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Kjredskins_28@yahoo.com
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 street glide

I have a 06 street glide with the same issue, however mine also blowes a fuse when I use the air bags while the radio is on. Im taking mine to the shop next week. good luck with yours