Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Tables

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
cr411a
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS Tables

I was reviewing my first V-Tune generated file before downloading to the ECM. I noticed that all the tables had changed and were no longer set as per the instructions for my base map. So I opened the base map and the tables were not as I had originally set.
Do I need to reset the tables in my first V-Tune generated map before down loading for my second V-Tune run or can I assume the tables are as originally set per the base map, even though the tables change back each time I open the base map?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default Which Tables

Dezi, Not sure of which tables, If you follow the guide, as best as I can remember you would be setting your AFR, Accel Enrch, Decel Enlin, Anti-Knock retard, tables per the suggested values. Don't forget your PE mode to 10,000. Then save this file, that will then keep these tables at the values you set. Dump into ECM then make your V-Tune Data MAst Runs. Save that DM3 file then combine that file with the current ecm file you loaded and generate a new MAsterTune file, then dump that into ECM and start all over again. The V-Tune generation process will not make any changes in the previously modded tables, only the VE tables will change. Usually takes 3-5 cycles to get it good, then per guide, you go to each table you modded and high-light then click on set to original, this returns that table back to where it was supposed to be, do this for each table, set PE back to 4500 dump that in and should be good to go.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM
cr411a
Novice

Thanks for the reply. My concern is that after setting the AFR, Accel Enrich, Decel Enlin, Anti-Knock retard tables per the suggested values and save this file and I then if I re-open this file to review it the tables have changed. I have my master run and my first
DM3 file that I have combined and if I open this file the AFR, Accel Enrich, Decel Enlin, Anti-Knock retard tables have changed again. I would think on a saved file the table values should not change. I guess to ensure a good second tune I will change the AFR, Accel Enrich, Decel Enlin, Anti-Knock retard, tables per the suggested values again before down loading for my second V-Tune rune. Just seems odd that the tables of a saved file would just change on their own.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by cr411a
...Just seems odd that the tables of a saved file would just change on their own.
Just curious...after you've changed the values in the map, are saving the changed map with a new name or simply clicking OK?

Once or twice I've made the changes then accidentally clicked "OK" but that doesn't change anything.

Also, after the vtune generates a new map, are you saving that new file with either the "suggested name" or keeping the old one? On the tool bar, you can click on "EDIT" then click on EDIT CALIBRATION... to change the PN.

It can be a bit confusing if the file names are not changed or so close in name that you might select the wrong map to work with.

Hope that helps!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default Sure your Saving ??

I went back and reviewed all of my tunings, apprx 25 runs on 2 different builds. Retuned after every upgrade on each bike, and currently retuning on Ultra after adding a V/H 2 into 1 ProPipe last week. None of mine have ever changed during any of the Vtune runs. Only when I have completed and finished blending then I reset to original and download. Can you give us your step by step routine from basefile start to table mods then ECM program. Maybe your doing something out of the ordinary. Right now I can look back at any tune and see that my values never moved on their own. The tables stayed at the modded values all the way through.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:33 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default Did 2 Vtunes last night No Changes

Dezi. I did 2 tunes last night and specifcally checked for you issue, no changes here. Lets rn through your order of events, using mine as example
1. Pick file that matches your build........UE205-02-C2
2. I make changes to tables annd save ( I add UC to name for which bike I am tuning) UE205-02-C2-UC-001 the 001 is automatically added by TTS
3.Program ECM with this file
4. Set Up Datamaster for V-Tune run and start recording at temp.
5. After run I then stop recording and save that file to default name "****.dm3"
6. Close Datamaster and open V-Tune Top box gets the current loaded MT7 file by browsing example UE205-02-C2-UC-001
7. Bottom box gets the ****.DM3 file you just saved
8. Click Generate Box.....processing.... Brings up VE windows showing white to red boxes indicating adjusted areas......I use a free program call " Cute PDF Writer" so that I can tell it to print this screen and it does as a pdf file on desktop. eliminates having to have a printer connected. After rinting and saved that printout, click Accept. This generates the new MT7 file and asks you to save it . It will autoname it to the next number in my example it would be UE205-02-C2-UC-002 Click Save
9. Close and reopen Mastertune, select the file you just created and saved my example UE205-02-C2-UC-002 program ECM.
Start the hole process over again, run tis cycyle until all of red blocks are gone from the VE window
During all of this the tables you initially Zero'd out will stay there until finished and you do your final program into ECM. There you highlight entire table , click on set to original and they set back, do this for just the ones you previously set to Zero plus the AFR table, set PE `back to original ,
program ECM and ride.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 AM
cr411a
Novice

I made a new base map, made the changes to the tables per the instructions and saved it. Then I opened it again and the tables were zeroed out as per the instructions.
The original base map file that I was having issues with must just be corrupted or some thing, deleted it. I have corrected the tables on my first v-tune, saved it and re-opened it and the tables are zeroed as they should be. Maybe Pine Tree was right, maybe on the original file I fat fingered some thing, the TTS is not Rocket Science but when you see some thing out of the ordinary one has to stop and question what the heck is happening here.
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!! On to Vtune today.