Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Installation of Kuryakyn HALOGEN Silver Bullets

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:47 AM
GPLRJBRAZIL
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installation of Kuryakyn HALOGEN Silver Bullets

I bought a pair of Kuryakyn HALOGEN Silver Bullets and I want to use them together with the Hi-Bean according to our law in Brazil. Also I want to put a small push-button in my handlebar to flash the 3 lights (Hi-Bean and the 2 HALOGEN Silver Bullets all together). Anyone already did this and can help me with the wiring? Do I have to use a relay? Where can I find a diagram to install them? Kuryakyn instructions does not give this information and informs only to tie the wires together with the stock Hi-Bean wire.

Thanks

Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Installation of Kuryakyn HALOGEN Silver Bullets

I have the same (50mm) lights and I attached them to the front forks, but they are connected so they are on anytime the headlamp is on - legal here.

Man, they are brilliant and really stand out in daylight, in fact they appear larger than the main headlight from a distance. This is the main reason I got them - see and be seen. At night - hardly make any impact illuminating the road, so don't expect miracles.

Connecting them to the high beam, should make them come on whenerever the high beam is activated (should include flashing as well).

Not to sure about a relay, mine work well without, but probably safer to install one - I guess trial and error will settle it for you.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:02 PM
GPLRJBRAZIL
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installation of Kuryakyn HALOGEN Silver Bullets

Hi Sooee

After washing the bike some water got in the kuryakyn halogen lamps and I opened it to dry then I discovered that the bulb was 20W but the manual says 35W. I went to a electrical and light shop and bought a pair of Osram Decostar Coolblue 50W 12V which already come with a protective glass, changed the bulbs and discarded the kuryakyn glass as the bulb already has it. Now the light is really brighter and very white as the Coolblue makes a white light (the others are yellow). Very good as a Hi-Bean and flash light but I do not know if using it as running lights maybe you should need a relay.