Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Please Help me..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help me..

I have a 2006 FLHX which I just wired the bars internally.I currently have no turn signals, no odometer reading, no alarm and the bike will not turn over. All else seems to work. The fuses seem to be in good shape and I can hear the system relay click. I did have issues lineing up the key switch to get it to work in the lock, off, start and acc position but all is togather. Is the alarm equipment ( TSSM ) causing all of this or is my switich bad.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:05 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts

More than likely a pinched wire in the switch housing or a snafu (like a pin in a wrong hole in a connector) when you ran the wires internally. You need to go over the wiring and check everything, starting with the switch housings.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 AM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by dawg
More than likely a pinched wire in the switch housing or a snafu (like a pin in a wrong hole in a connector) when you ran the wires internally. You need to go over the wiring and check everything, starting with the switch housings.
Thanks for the reply and I will go back over my wireing but correct me if I am wrong please, If I take a new bike and disconnect both handle bar controls still the bike will turn on after being unlocked and the odometer will show a reading and the alarm lifht will flash, all lights on the dash. I made i splice per wire before the connection so if I unplug the handle bar switiches Im back to stock wireing. The same issue is there.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts

When you say the switch is all back together, are you sure it is aligned correctly? When you attempt to start it, does it crank and just not turn over or are you just getting the click and nothing else?

06 models had the touring fork lock recall with the ignition switch. Do you know if yours was completed? If you don't know, PM me your VIN and I can run it and let you know if the recall was completed.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:03 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

SAME situation here turned out to be a pinched wire. ussually somthing simple and overlooked.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer

I bought a new TSSM with the understanding that if it doesnt fix the issue, bring it back. It didnt change nothing.
I feel so STUPID but I bought a system relay, all new fuses, respliced all the new handle bar switches and I fired up .
Thanks a million guys.