Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best Stage 1 and fuel control comb and why

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Todd Vikan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Stage 1 and fuel control comb and why

Going to start on the performance upgrades to my 05 SuperGlide EFI. Looking for feedback on Stage I / fuel control systems. Scream'n Eagle, Big Sucker, Zipper, SERT, PowerCommander, TFI. Not looking to create a drag bike, just want to get the best bang for the buck and looking to you for advice and expertise. Ease of use is a factor also as I don't really want to drop a small fortune on dyno tuning if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance...lets go riding. The weather is great.

Todd

Old 08-05-2006, 12:52 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best Stage 1 and fuel control comb and why

I have an 06 Ultra with SEII pipes and AC. I put the PCIII on it and had it dynotuned for $150.00. Runs perfectly. Added 10 HP and did not loose much gas milage. I can change the maps myself if I add different pipes or want to tune it for more get up and go. I have it tuned for better gas milage. Runs cooler and all around better than stock. With the PCIII you can change the maps yourself. I don't know if you can do that with the SERT. If I take it to the shop I can remove the PCIII so there will be no problem with warranty.

The PCIII really helped me get this bike straight. Did not run worth a shxt from the factory. good luck with yours. I am finally happy with mine.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,227 Likes on 1,842 Posts

You'll get a lot of different opinions on this, but most go with the PCIII. I went with V&H complete exhaust package and also went with the V&H Fuelpak. It works well for me and was cheaper than the PCIII but I cannot get it dyno'd with the Fuelpak but that suits me fine for now. I also went with the Big Sucker and am happy with that also.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:59 PM
mtrout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the V&H combo also using Big Shots Long and Fuelpak. Settings from web site didn't work but once I talked with a tech he got me some settings that made the bike scream. Haven't had it on the dyno but I can definetely feel the power increase. The fuelpak is a simple install as long as you don't mind working with V&H to get the settings dialed. If you want the flexibilty of making your own settings and adding more mods later, go with the PCIII. Using a K&N rk-3909 for the air intake. Cheaper and better quality than the SE version.