Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Daytona Twin Scan 88 Plus

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:09 AM
mroadking
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daytona Twin Scan 88 Plus

Will the twinscan read a stock ecu map to save as a comparison? and can you reprogram it or do you have to buy a sert?
thanks.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You could take readings of the stock map but to actually build a stock map with the twinscan would be highly doubtful, It would show you irregularities in the stock AFR and give you a spread sheet with recomended changes . The twin scan simply put compares Actual AFR ratio to what the ECM map is trying to achieve and gives you the difference in a % to change VE tables till they match, this is done using a straight 13.2 AFR table in all cells till VE is corrected so the actual AFR reads 13.2 and then you can begin repopulating the AFR tables to the target values you actually want to run. I hope you have some understanding of the SERT or the above will not make any sense to you.
As far as reprogramming the ECM with a stock map, it is not available on the SERT, the dealer would have to reflash a stock map, the SERT is to program only, you cannot read or save the present map that is on the ECM only replace it with a new one.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BVBOB, what is the sequence to tune this way? 1. 2. 3..

Do you first set the SERT MAP AFR cells to all 13.2? Then connect the twinscan88 and get VE corrections. Then put those corrections into the SERT map and download. Then set the SERT AFR cells to where you want them? - how do you know where you want them?

Old 09-21-2006, 11:28 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good Question, I wish I had a more definative answer for you, what I did on my Dyna was to use the map designed for slip ons and SE A/C, I was relatively happy with the way it ran but you know how hard it is to leave good enough alone. I decided to try a little more timing across the board, 2 degrees, and richened up the existing AFR map a few increments across the board, It improved it considerably, the plugs look good and the end of the exhaust looks just a slight dark gray color and on a longer interstate trip at about 70 MPH it pulled 47 MPG, get low 40's just running around the highways here. The bike pulls excellent, starts perfect and pulls at highway speeds with no surging at all, the biggest area I changed initialy with the WEGO was the cruise speed area, most of it was off by only a few percent with about 7 percent being the worst. I need to make a few Data runs with the twinscan to check for spark knock activity before I feel completely satisfied with the tune. If you PM me with your email I will send you a file written by another (different) forum member on tuning with the WEGO twinscan combo and gives a detailed procedure for tuning with this system. one more thing, this method of tuning can get very time consuming but if you like to do things yourself and dont like the idea of thrashing on a Dyno or care about a sheet with HP/Tourque numbers than I think it is a good system. Paid 375.00 for mine by mentioning I was a forum member (not this forum though)
ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

Do you first set the SERT MAP AFR cells to all 13.2? Then connect the twinscan88 and get VE corrections. Then put those corrections into the SERT map and download. Then set the SERT AFR cells to where you want them? - how do you know where you want them?

Old 09-21-2006, 11:32 PM
ernestchet
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

that would be mostly correct!

but you need the wego to monitor the o2 with the twinscan 88+ and thats what the twinscan monitors and looks at to give you the afr adjustments!