Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help with Electrical Problems Circuit Breaker, Regulator or Stator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
panheadsully
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with Electrical Problems Circuit Breaker, Regulator or Stator?

Hello,
I've got a 2006 Springer Classic and have ran into some odd problems.

1. I took the bike out for a ride with a few friends and they mentioned the tailight was flickering. We checked the brake reservoir and found it was a bit sensitive, but did not see any major problems.

2. As I put around 20 miles on the bike, it all of a sudden shut down and lost all power to everything. Power reset after a few minutes and it fired back up. I made it home after 3 or 4 of these sudden losses of power. I suppose it is the main circuit breaker.

3. When I got the bike home, the battery was pretty much dead and the bike would barely run when I pulled in the driveway, the starter was clicking and not turning over indicating dead battery. I through my volt meter on the battery, while running and saw only 12.5 volts. That got me thinking regulator or stator.

4. After about 15 minutes I fired the bike back up and noticed the battery was seeing about 13.5 Volts this time compared to 12.5 the previous. There was no flickering. I let it run for about 15 Minutes and seemed to be fine.

These are the diagnostics I've got. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Panhead