Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT cable question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:36 AM
wlbowers
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 98 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: SERT cable question

I am looking for a supplier of them.

J & P has them for around $5

Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
blackdeuce
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Deutsch connector from a seller on e-Bay. Seems hard to find. Haven't received it yet. The seller is xlwp, he doesn't have any listed now, but I think he has them in stock. You might try a good speed shop, I got the sense auto racers use these to make there own cables for various applications.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:15 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

Bought mine on Ebay (32107-01E ) and got everything for $345
and got it in two days!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
DaveC670
Novice

Yes, I have decided to sell my sert and go back to the PCIII. I have had it in the past with good results. It seems that something is telling me to go back to the PCIII. $310 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:47 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DaveC670

Yes, I have decided to sell my sert and go back to the PCIII. I have had it in the past with good results. It seems that something is telling me to go back to the PCIII. $310 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.
Good plan. I too will be switching to the PCIII. I have used them in the past on other bikes and love them. I got convinced to use the SERT on the 06 Deuce. The only thing I like about the SERT is there is no other box attached to the bike while riding.

Without going the the dealer, anyone know how to put my ECU back to the stock map?

The SERT is worthless once you have used it on your ECU. Don't know if it can be reset or not, but once its tied to your ECU it will not work on other ECUs.

Please PM me if you have any info on this.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:56 PM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThudMeister

ORIGINAL: DaveC670

Good plan. I too will be switching to the PCIII. I have used them in the past on other bikes and love them. I got convinced to use the SERT on the 06 Deuce. The only thing I like about the SERT is there is no other box attached to the bike while riding.

Without going the the dealer, anyone know how to put my ECU back to the stock map?

The SERT is worthless once you have used it on your ECU. Don't know if it can be reset or not, but once its tied to your ECU it will not work on other ECUs.

Please PM me if you have any info on this.
Why on earth would you want to get rid of the SERT and go back to a PCIII??????????????????????????????????????

Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: barrygreen

Why on earth would you want to get rid of the SERT and go back to a PCIII??????????????????????????????????????
You haven't been listening or reading our complaints in these threads have you? If you had, you would not have asked this question.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:08 PM
DaveC670
Novice

ORIGINAL: barrygreen

I can only speak for myself, but there were many factors:
First it seemed the SERT plan wasn't working for me. I would have another $60-$70 in it in cables and SERT to USB cable.
Second I have used the PCIII in the past and am comfortable with it.
Once I hook the SERT up, I can't sell it as it is usless to anyone else.
Once I hook the PCIII up, I can sell it if I don't like it.
A new co-workers husband has a shop and will cut me a good deal on the dyno and custom map.

I sold the SERT and just installed the PCIII. Very easy install even easier than the install was on my other bikes. The SG is running much better even though it is only a "generic map".

I am happy with my decision.