Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

tts map for a stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010 | 09:44 PM
09sungloflhx
|
Cruiser
Default tts map for a stage 1

im gonna put a stage one air cleaner and use a tts on my 2009 street glide i have rinehart slipons which map should i start with i cant seem to find which map is for what there website is kind of odd in a way to get to the maps and see what they are for any help thanks

Old 03-16-2010 | 02:15 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Old 03-17-2010 | 06:22 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser

I haven't purchased a tuner yet, so I am reading through these trying to educate myself.

I was looking in the TTS link you attached and I thought there would be more choices for calibration available. For example, I thought instead of just saying "A/C only" mod, it would list choices of available air cleaners by part number. Same thing with exhaust.

If these maps are just to get close, and then you are supposed to use V-tune to narrow it down, How good is this system for somebody who 1) Doesn't have a laptop to use V-tune and 2) Isn't very knowledgeable about fuel injection settings??

Thanks!

Old 03-17-2010 | 06:58 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Just buy a PC-V from Fuel Moto a site sponsor here,(easier) if you haven't bought the tts already. I have the same set up(pipes/AC and PC-V) as you on my 09 SG and it rocks. JMO... Cams next.....

Last edited by lionsm13; 03-17-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2010 | 10:03 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Just buy a PC-V from Fuel Moto a site sponsor here,(easier) if you haven't bought the tts already. I have the same set up(pipes/AC and PC-V) as you on my 09 SG and it rocks. JMO... Cams next.....
Its always easier to have someone else do everything. Although some still say the PCV is easier, and it is simpler, most of us think the TTS kit is much easier than the PCV to install and use, given you consider the PITA PCV install on Dynas.

The V-Tune software is the biggest advantage of the TTS kit. Otherwise you are just as blind as you are with the PCV. A used $200 laptop or new $300 net-book is all you need to V-Tune, and you will spend way more for dyno tunes if you have any modification progression in mind. Now you have a laptop for day to day use.

TTS may not list the exact configuration in a base map as your bike but the closest base MAP they have will run just as good as the PCV with its Fuel Moto canned MAP. There is just so much production variation from bike to bike to worry about more than the general characteristics.

The PCV canned map has to have much safety factor and will run richer. The TTS MAP has the O2 sensor feedback. They both will feel the same power to your pants seat but the TTS MAP will run smoother with better mpg.

What is most important for MAP selection is matching up the cam specs with the MAP as that also drives many things under the hood you can't adjust. You can email or call TTS and they will tell you which MAP to start with, if someone doesn't chime in here with a suggestion.

Once you have the MAP loaded, you can take the fine tuning possibilities as far as you'd like, customized properly to your bike, they way you want it to run.

There are many ways to a more satisfying ride, depending on how you define it. The PCV can give you a satisfied ride, so will a less costly Fuel Pack, or XiED.

Last edited by ColdCase; 03-17-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-17-2010 | 10:55 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser

Thanks ColdCase for the info. I take it then you suggest buying direct for the best customer support, instead of going through a distributer?