Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tuner reception very poor

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006 | 07:52 PM
harelyfire18
|
Stage I
Default Tuner reception very poor

Hi all. I just picked up my new 06 FLHTCI yesterday and while riding home I noticed the fm radio reception was very poor if any. I thought maybe it was the area I was in because I was not familiar with it. But after getting home I realized it was the radio. Cds play fine. The weather band and AM dont work either. I just got done checking the antenna connection where it goes into the tour pack and it seems fine. I have a detachable tour pack so I checked the connection near the docking hardware and that all seems fine too. I thought maybe the antenna was not grounding right because of the plastic in the docking hardware so I stripped a jumper wire and connected that between the antenna base and various points on the frame and nothing. Just static. ??? Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Matt

Old 07-28-2006 | 09:55 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Tuner reception very poor

The ground wire in the Tour Pack is sometimes overlooked, as it is to be bolted to the plate on the bottom of the inside T/P...

Another could be that the antenna feed into the radio has become dislodged.....

Lastly, ensure that the detatchable antenna lead is seated and tight on the rear bracket....