Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuelmoto PC Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,524 Likes on 22,675 Posts

PC-V, slipons and ness stage 1 AC, but there's still ice and snow in front of my garage so will probably not know for a while yet......Never buy a house or garage facing north....

Old 02-24-2010, 12:32 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got that information from reading dyno sheets and testimonies. What's your opinion of the op's performance question? I haven't heard anyone state numbers yet. Do you have a pair? Use em.

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
If by your own admission you've never seen or had one, where did you get those numbers from that you quoted?? Thin air? To the OP, if you truely want better performance you're also going to have to get a high-flow air intake. The Power Commander can put in more fuel, but you're going to need more air to mix in with it to get performance gains.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
I got that information from reading dyno sheets and testimonies. What's your opinion of the op's performance question? I haven't heard anyone state numbers yet. Do you have a pair? Use em.
Did you just join here to talk **** and offend people? The reason I didn't quote numbers is because I can't do so intelligently and am not going to blow smoke up his *** as you have. If I don't know something I will say so, not just make something up as I go. If you quoted it based on looking at dyno sheets post them here to substantiate your claim. It's obvious from your first post that you're just trying to be a troll and kick up ****.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Can't we all just get along without attacking each other - jeez.

Seriously - regardless of the tuner used I doubt you are going to have a huge variance of hp or tq between them (TTS,PCV,SEST) with just changing an air cleaner and exhaust. The key here is which ones helps make a better transition between tp and rpm ranges - kind of like when a plane lands (smooth or bumpy as it hits the ground). That is going to depend on how knowledgeable the tuner is with the device being used.

I also would not expect big numbers just by changing out to slip-on's and Producer is probably in the range - again for any tuner being used.

Last edited by TickTock; 02-24-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:31 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Oh and I can say this between both the PC and the SERT because I had both on my bike with the same exact setup and two totally different tuners. The dyno sheets were almost identical in the TP and HP range when all was said and done.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:06 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I've tuned them all and I would say producer is probably in the ball park. i have to say though, never tuned one with a "poor mans" air filter upgrade so who knows. The MAP you will get from FuelMoto will probably be one that was tuned for a stage one A/C. You can't really be expecting to much gain in performance without dropping at least a few buck into your bike. I mean the S.E. A/C is only like 150 bucks, you can find them cheaper on e-bay and it's about the most basic performance upgrade you can do. You would have been better off changing the A/C and leaving the exhaust stock if you were looking for performance. I'm not trying to offend you, maybe 150 bucks is a pile of money to you, I don't know. but if you want to go after performance in anyway what so ever 150 bucks won't even scratch the surface.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:41 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sir,
I'm sorry if you are offended. I didn't get personal with you until you got personal with me. The gentleman asked for opinions. That's very different than blowing smoke up someone's ***. Do you have an opinion for him?

When I started my first post I was clearing the air. After that, I gave my opinion. That too is very different then a quote.

In regards to posting a quote, I will tell everyone out of courtesy and pespect when I am quoting something or someone.

I will be out of town the rest of the week and will have limited access to the forum. Which means that I may not be able to post facts and quotes.

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Did you just join here to talk **** and offend people? The reason I didn't quote numbers is because I can't do so intelligently and am not going to blow smoke up his *** as you have. If I don't know something I will say so, not just make something up as I go. If you quoted it based on looking at dyno sheets post them here to substantiate your claim. It's obvious from your first post that you're just trying to be a troll and kick up ****.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
hornhonker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TickTock
Oh and I can say this between both the PC and the SERT because I had both on my bike with the same exact setup and two totally different tuners. The dyno sheets were almost identical in the TP and HP range when all was said and done.
Now this is the kind of info we can use. Can you post the PC/SERT dyno results for us ?

Old 03-01-2010, 03:10 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Okay, here is where I usually don't go, and that's why I questioned the above poster, but I've always been led to believe that by doing a Stage 1 you will gain 10-15% in both tq/ and HP. And I'm no wrench so I could definitely be wrong, but that's what I've always heard you'll get doing a Stage

Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 AM
daBreeze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete post

Last edited by daBreeze; 03-01-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: put in exact numbers

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto PC Tuner