Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Which ECU Flash?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 AM
LibertyS
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ECU Flash?

Just picked up an 01 FLHTCI that has been less than well maintained and has/had a hodge podge of parts. I will be adding Stage 1 AC, a new exhaust (probably Thunderheader 2-1) along with Power Commander III. Question is, how do I know if this stock ECU has ever had a dealer flash? Do I have no choice except to have the dealer pull it up? It seems the dowloads for the PC III are different for stock ECU vs Stage I ECU and I would like to find out what the stock ECU holds. I need a baseline upon which to build. It will be quite some time before this bike is road ready, but it will also be quite some time before the roads here are bike ready... (damned snow)

Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,849 Posts

Did the bike appear to have a stage 1 air cleaner or stock? If it's still a stock air cleaner then it's probably a stock ECM. Dealer can plug in and tell you for sure.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:48 AM
LibertyS
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. It is a salvage bike so who knows. It has stock air cleaner but Rinehart True Duals with no baffles. (yikes) It will be a few weeks before it is rideable enough for a trip to the dealer. I was hopeful there was another method that would point me in the right direction in advance. I will be adding Stage I air cleaner and likely changing he exhaust and will install a power commander. I will go on the assumption that it is stock ECM until I can get the dealer to pull it. Thanks again.