Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HELP!! Main Breaker??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Anezangl
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question HELP!! Main Breaker??

Friday evening as the little lady and I were making our way home about 10 o'clock, the scooter just shut down again. Lost all power, and again it left us in a very dangerous spot in the road. Two cars narrowly missed us as they made the curve. Their headlights illuminated the road ahead and they discovered a man desperately trying to push his Ultra off the road!! I no more than got the bike off the road and all power came back on. I had not touched any switches etc when the power went out, I only focused on getting off the road. Anyway, when I hit the starter she fired right up but...........as I went for second gear she shut down again. The last time this happened the dealer installed a 50 amp main which was under a TSB recall. Harley had discovered that the 40 amp installed at the factory was to small to handle the load when all features where lit up. Now with a 50 amp shes doing it again! The bike operates great, all components seam to be operating as they should except this little gremlin. What I am wondering is this. Friday on the second attempt top get fired back up I switched off the spot lights before I restarted the bike and all was well all the way home. Is there a way I could isolate the spots to their own breaker and get them off the main? In a safe way? Keep in mind the shut down always happens at night when I have the spots on.

Last edited by Anezangl; 02-01-2010 at 12:56 PM.