Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC or SERT needed???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
mid evil train
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PC or SERT needed???

This has most likely been answered here more than once, but I couldnt locate the exact thread to answer my question. I have a new 09 SG. I am installing a set of Rinehart "slip-ons" and Big Sucker air intake. Do I have to run a PC or SERT. I have been told with Slip-ons, I dont need to. I was told that Harley can make the change and the stock computer will accept it.

I have seen similiar questions posted here, just not for an 09. Thanks in advance for technical help, once again.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep,PC or Sert, just slip on's and you are ok but both you need the change, positive is the bike will run better and pickup a little horsepower.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
slim55g
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile n/a

buddy of mine just did his 09 ultra, duals, slipons & se snorkle(thats what i call it,) he did nothing, the 02 sensors pick it up, & will adjust. I have an 04 tcui with pc3, I think, its a pos. 8 dif. maps with the same issue. good luck!!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

TTS Mastertune is much better than the SERT or SEST. The PC covers up your ECM to make it think something else is happening on your motor.

TTS Mastertune also comes with the VTune program that will allow you to dyno your bike yourself.

Do you need it? Yes, even if you do no mods unless you are happy with a 70% motor that runs hot.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
mid evil train
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
TTS Mastertune is much better than the SERT or SEST. The PC covers up your ECM to make it think something else is happening on your motor.

TTS Mastertune also comes with the VTune program that will allow you to dyno your bike yourself.

Do you need it? Yes, even if you do no mods unless you are happy with a 70% motor that runs hot.
That was exactly my concern, the motor being to lean. What brand is TTS or what does it stand for, so I can start shopping around on prices.
Also is the program set up like the PC program, where you can go down the list and find
(Rinehart exhaust with Big Sucker air intake) and click on it for the download.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mid evil train
That was exactly my concern, the motor being to lean. What brand is TTS or what does it stand for, so I can start shopping around on prices.
Also is the program set up like the PC program, where you can go down the list and find
(Rinehart exhaust with Big Sucker air intake) and click on it for the download.
Click Here

Follow the buttons for HD and it will take you to a download area for calibrations and manuals. Suggest you read the manual before you buy anything.

TTS stands for The Turbo Shop. They are the people that made the old style SERT. You can find the TTS at a better rate than their site. Try asking one of the vendors here.

Once again, you can find a canned download and install it on your bike, do some VTune runs and the program will adjust your map via software. All you do is simply follow directions and load a new map then VTune a few more times. The VTune program will bring you to 95% Dyno without the expense.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 PM
mid evil train
Road Master

Thanks again, and I have read some informative threads here on the TTS.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:27 PM
mid evil train
Road Master

I'll call Chris at "THE SHOP" tomorrow, to see if he is familiar with the TTS. If not, is there anyone here that can refer me to a decent mechanic in south FLA, that is familiar with it? I feel pretty confident that I can handle it myself, but I like to have a back-up plan just in case>

Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

TTS is te original maker of the SERT, they are VERY similar but the TTS has some added features. The way i understand it, HD wasn't happy with TTS for selling their own version while HD was paying them for the SERT so HD found someone else to design and manufacture the SEST, At least that's the way I understand it. If you compare the TTS and the SERT they are pretty much identical looking, in fact they are identical, even te cables. the TTS has some better software though.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:32 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't need either one of them. What you need is your ecu flashed. There's lots of people out their that will tell you that you need to spend 3-5 hundred bones just to get your bike to run. They are full of SHI....

Quick Reply: PC or SERT needed???