Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Down load gone

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
kennydaferret
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down load gone

Hey there, I have a 06 ultra classic Any way question is the download dealer put in was for a 1550 stage 1 and not a 1450 which is what I have. Will that make a difference? Could the ECM be bad if it lost the program? For some reason the download is no longer showing up according to Harley tech. I am going back in the morning to re-flash but could it be the ECM is bad ?
By the way I do not have a SERT on my bike everything is pretty much stock except exhaust SE slipons and true duals and SE breather.
Does anyone know how to set up a SE race fueler? I find it hard to dial in, unless we have an expert on here to help me set it up again. I removed it as it was not very fuel effecient but it did get some of the pops out. I was getting 25 to 30 miles less to the tank

Last edited by kennydaferret; 01-15-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: no hits
Old 01-15-2010, 07:26 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,576 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Downloads are burned into ECM memory- via Digital Tech. The only way they get removed is by installing a new download- via Digital Tech. If the tech says the stage 1 DL is gone, someone had to either not put it in, or reflashed the stock map back in.

SE race fuellers are not the greatest tool to tune a bike, as they are a compromise between front/rear AFRs, and in your case, it has no way of adjusting for the difference in flow between stock (y pipe) and separate head pipes (duals). You need an SEST, TTS, PC, etc to account/tune for those differences.
HTH
Robin