Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Starting problem- '06 Road King Custom

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 AM
vpiflyboy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problem- '06 Road King Custom

Hey there guys. I thumb through the forum quite a but but am not a big poster. I have a problem I can't figure out!

I just shipped my '06 Road King Custom to Guam (it was in a crate for 2 months) and hooked up the battery today. Being in the military and having plenty of deployments, the bike is routely stored off the ground and hooked up to a tender with little fuel (stabilizer added) and in a warm climate (San Diego). I usually don't have a problem starting it when I return to the States.

I went to start the bike, the lights come on pretty bright, but all I hear is the starter relay click. I traced all of the wires and they are all hooked up. I charged the battery for several hours and still got the same thing. The starter is not even clicking like it doesn't have enough juice to turn over the motor. Nothing happens except for the relay clicking once each time I push the start button.

Unfortunately my mulitmeter and many other tools have not arrived yet, so I am not able to check voltages, etc.

Any ideas of what I can look into with limited resources? I don't even have my truck here yet to take the bike to the local dealer for them to look at it. They want a large chunk of money to come pick it up.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:26 PM
IGOTTASRT8
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vpiflyboy
Hey there guys. I thumb through the forum quite a but but am not a big poster. I have a problem I can't figure out!

I just shipped my '06 Road King Custom to Guam (it was in a crate for 2 months) and hooked up the battery today. Being in the military and having plenty of deployments, the bike is routely stored off the ground and hooked up to a tender with little fuel (stabilizer added) and in a warm climate (San Diego). I usually don't have a problem starting it when I return to the States.

I went to start the bike, the lights come on pretty bright, but all I hear is the starter relay click. I traced all of the wires and they are all hooked up. I charged the battery for several hours and still got the same thing. The starter is not even clicking like it doesn't have enough juice to turn over the motor. Nothing happens except for the relay clicking once each time I push the start button.

Unfortunately my mulitmeter and many other tools have not arrived yet, so I am not able to check voltages, etc.

Any ideas of what I can look into with limited resources? I don't even have my truck here yet to take the bike to the local dealer for them to look at it. They want a large chunk of money to come pick it up.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Probably a bad battery..start with the simple things.