Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

LED lighted turn signal mount..

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Angry_Inch
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED lighted turn signal mount..

I was thinking that this winter I would like to add the lighted rear turn signal mount. I see these are red, and would like to use them as additional brake lights, and also change the turn signals to act as running lights after I change the lenses from amber to red.

I would also like to get oen of those relay set-ups in conjunction with this, so the additional stop lights that grab your attention by flashing patterns. Has anyone here done anything like this themselves, and where would be a good resource to learn anything I might need?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LED lighted turn signal mount..

Kurykyn makes a good module that will give you the run/turn/brake capability. If you go LED you will need a load equalizer. Kurykyn instuctions are good. You shoul be able to do it yourself.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: LED lighted turn signal mount..

I put an illuminated liscense plate frame on last week. I got the one from HD ( part number 59030-03). It has red LED's that function as running lights and brake lights. Simple instalation and has a plug that is designed to simply plug into a socket inside the stock tail light assembly. At the same time, I installed a "Back Off" module that causes the brake lights to flash three times when brake is applied. That also was a very simple install. Simply splice it into the brake light wire under the seat. I'll be installing another identical setup on a friends Sportster next weekend. I got the Back-Off module from the HD dealer. It isn't an HD item, but they were able to order it for me and it cost only $31.