Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

T-max vs. Dyno tuned stock ecm

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Not to knock anyones choice in tuning devices. The stock ecm and a TTS tuner gives so much control over how your bike runs. This combination is similar to some of the best efi control on the automotive side of fuel injection. Heck you can even edit the calibration # to match the factory.
For anyone on their first tuner experience I will agree the tts is the way to go. When I and many others bought tmax there was no other option except get bent over at the dealer. Some had little success with it, mainly from a lack of willingness to really learn how to work with it. I for one have a hard time justifying dumping it and moving to tts, even if it's the state of the art, today. Now , should the tmax ecm fry itself, I wouldn't have to think long and hard which way to spend that money. I'm getting old, but not completely set in my ways.
Ron

Old 12-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by rbabos
For anyone on their first tuner experience I will agree the tts is the way to go. When I and many others bought tmax there was no other option except get bent over at the dealer. Some had little success with it, mainly from a lack of willingness to really learn how to work with it. I for one have a hard time justifying dumping it and moving to tts, even if it's the state of the art, today. Now , should the tmax ecm fry itself, I wouldn't have to think long and hard which way to spend that money. I'm getting old, but not completely set in my ways.
Ron
I know what you are saying. I first bought the Tmax/ Auto tune. Then the SEST and now use TTS. IMHO the TTS would do your new 113 justice.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:49 PM
brickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by genedjr
After posting, I guess I need to ask what you are after? Do you want the last ft of power, the last hp of performance? You have a t-max and it will do a great job. Your tuner will do better, but at what cost - its 3 to 5 HP/TQ worth the $$$$.

If your tuner is that confident, make him have a bit of skin in the game. Let him tell you, the power band will be higher and flater. That the bike will have the power where you want it. Make him guarentee or its free.

A good tuner will always out perform any autotune. But there is a cost. Make sure you are confident that the costs are worth it, especially since you already have a t-max.
...gene
I just want my bike to run to it's potential although I would not expect to squeeze every last drop for max hp and tq #s. One of my main concerns is to hopefully get it to run cooler as it runs too warm for me right now.

Last edited by brickie; 12-18-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Road King Kid
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

How much do you want for your Thundermax? Send me a PM if you are interested in selling it.