Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

LED Turn Signal Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:37 PM
jetspeed8
Tourer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy LED Turn Signal Problem

I have a 07 FLHTCU and have replaced all the turn signals with LED bullet style units. I also have a BadAssLights LED tail/brake light, LED Tour Pack lights, and the NEW harley windshield and fairing LED lights.

Here is my dilemma: Everything worked as advertised until I installed the LED conversion kits on the front turn signals. When the LED's were installed, the turn signals would blink a few times normally then go to a rapid blinking and would alternate between the accent lights and the front turn signals.
I originally posted this in the DIY section but maybe someone here can give me some help....

I installed a Badlands Illuminator (which I thought would solve the problem) but that had no affect.

If I take out the front LED turn signal conversion kits and replace with a stock bulb everything goes back to normal and works fine.

Do I need to put a load equalizer somewhere on the front turn signals (like I did with the Badlands Illuminator)? If so, where would that go?

The only other thing I can think of is that the Harley windshield and fairing LED accent lights do not come with any kind of equalizer and they may be screwing up and conflicting with the front LED conversion kit and making my TSSM think that the bike is being stolen???

I'm hoping that one of you electrical guru's can steer me in the fight direction to make all these LEDS more "friendly"