Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Smart guys! Look at my 2 PC III USB maps.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
car5car
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart guys! Look at my 2 PC III USB maps.

One map was downloaded from my 99 Ultra, another one was taken from PC web site. Can you say anything about them? Difference is huge! Nothing in common.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This comes back to what ShovelHeadBob was trying to tell you. The downloaded maps are starting points. This map may have been the closest to your configuration but does not mean that what was in the comments are what was in your bike. It is quite possible that the components are similar but not the same, thereby creating a different fuel requirement for each of the cells. If the bike is not running well then your best bet is to go and get it retuned, if it runs well then the tuner did their job. At the end of the day what the comments say and what you downloaded from the website don't mean anything - it's how your bike runs.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Although I do not know your specific mods, looking at these maps in the "tuned" map it is very hard to believe it needs almost 40% more fuel at idle. And in the 2 and 5% columns you cannot reach the RPMs they have values in them (i.e @ 2K RPM at 2% throttle the motor will not rev past this point on a Magnetti Marelli injected bike) I would expect this map to run very rich, especially if it has a stage 2 download.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Here we go again...

Fact... You recently posted that your bike has SE heads... That is above what the 95" Stage II kit calls for... and that leaves the question of what pistons do you really have, as well as cams.... Do you have any RELEVANT PROOF that is what the build is... That will be an important piece of the puzzle...

Fact... What you have displayed is ONE table of an available 4 that are required to be properly manipulated.... 2 fuel (Front/ Rear) and 2 spark (F/R)

Fact... That "Tuned" map looks like a "Throttle Wacker" map.... The person that was manipulating the #'s was just attempting to ge a good run to get the customer out and collect the $$$$$...

Apparently you don't understand the precept of a base map as a starting point... Again, it was posted for you by myself, as well as TickTock.... Whether it matters or not, I have done this for a few days now, and I don't live anywhere near a Holiday Inn Express....

Old 12-03-2009, 09:54 PM
car5car
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
To Shovelhead Bob
No proof except:
rear head says "Screaming Eagle",
front head says "CNC machined",
adjustable pushrods,
2 in 1 very loud exhaust

To Fuelmoto. It does run rich, exhaust is black inside. Engine begun backfiring, maybe muffler is clogged if it is possible.
I uploaded map from PC site, it was OK except low RPM and plugs became bright white which means engine ran lean. After that I uploaded old map with decreased low RPM numbers.

Last edited by car5car; 12-03-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take the bike to a competent tuner in your area and have it retuned. The tuner will be able to use the current map and with the dyno machine will be able to dial it into what you need. I doubt your muffler is clogged, it is more likely that the bike was never tuned properly the first time or somebody somewhere along the line threw something on there that got the bike running. For the PC3 it wont matter as much what the starting configuration is because it is going add/remove fuel on top of what the ECM sends. A competent tuner will be able to look at what is being sent from the ECM and make appropriate adjustments to the PC3 tables to make it have the correct settings for that particular cell. Right now you are hacking and no good can come from that. Spend the 250-300 bucks before you blow something up.