Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

4 EGA Tuning vs A/F ratio Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink 4 EGA Tuning vs A/F ratio Tuning

Anyone out their ever had your bike tuned using the 4 EGA method? If you have, are you happy with your results? Who tuned your bike?

I recently learned about this. The more that I got into fuel injection tuning, the more that I sensed that there was something about A/F ratio tuning that wasn't quite right. Below this link is the short version of what I found.

http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/4gasEGAvso2sensor.html

Most tuners out their, tune for the 13.2:1 ratio. This makes good power, but they never solve the fuel efficiency problem. They think that you have to throw a ton of fuel at the motor to keep it cool and make all that power. That's only true to a point. A/F ratio tuning is flawed because it does not measure the amount of CO, HC, and CO2 in the exhaust even though the A/F ratio measured at your O2 sensor may be correct. How much of that fuel is actually burned? Remember, the O2 sensor measures oxygen, not CO, not HC and not CO2.
Spark advance is just as critical and that is where 4 EGA tuning can be a huge benifit. It's actually much quicker and cheaper to tune with this method. Go to this website and check it out.

I'm open to any discussion and debate on this subject, but I'm sure that their will no debate after you read about this at FactoryPro.com.
Thanks.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,788 Likes on 891 Posts

I don't think you will get any arguments against the 4 gas tuning system but it can be the same as the afr tune, it is only as good as the tech operating it.
No doubt the 4 gas can detect inefficiency and forking out 54,000 for one, you better know what your doing or a slightly used 4 gas dyno will be for sale at business closing sale.