Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Injector Wire connected to the ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Gadget_MD
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Wire connected to the ???

Any help here would be appreciated. I have an 02 RK fuel injected that has been acting up on me. Exhaust leak. Fixed that. Intake leak. Had someone fix that. Now my front cylinder isn't working. Has spark, but no fuel. Intermittent at best. When i pulled the wire off of the front injector it is not getting any charge when i crank the starter. The back one pulses as you would expect it to. Tested with Voltmeter.

I understand about the wire breaking above the injector cover and checked that. So i am trying to trace the wire and see what it is connected to without ripping apart the wireing harness. Does it run right into the ECM harness? Could someone tell me which leads to check out of the ECM for the front Injector? IF the leads out of the ECM work then i could just run a new set of wires to the injector boot.

Help.

David

[IMG]local://upfiles/11144/92DAC5D49D594136AD94DA7BB9FC83E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-09-2006, 06:20 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Injector Wire connected to the ???

do you understand it breaks inside the insulation - that the insulation will remain intact and that the break is just inside the rubber that seals the wire to the connector?

Old 07-09-2006, 07:11 PM
Gadget_MD
1st Gear

Yep. I just didnt have a wireing diagram to be able to determine if it was a break or something else. Like the ECM. I am now the proud owner of a service manual complete with wireing diagram. So the answer to my question is that one wire white/yellow runs to the ECM and one yellow/green runs to the coil. The Yellow green wire was broken somewhere so i spliced in a new wire from the injector to the coil and it is now running strong. I am a little worried about the injector cover though. Let me tell you those little prongs are pretty sensitive. I crimped on new ones but it sure would be nice to be able to just attach a whole new cover.

thanks.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:28 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned

Odds are that with your bike the harness was zip tied too tight to the backbone and it is actually broken right at the injector. If you do not have sufficient harness play, you will experience this again, or will also see it in the IAT sensor. Just a heads up.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:41 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

Checking your injector wiring with a voltmeter just won't work. It only pulses for a microsecond, and the voltmeter won't pick it up. You need a set of noid lights. I think I got mine from harbor freight.

SJ Tools

Old 07-11-2006, 08:16 AM
klagair
Advanced

Pending what model you have it is a white / yellow wire back to the ECM term #21