Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Still popping after SERT and Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:01 PM
FLSTCI nut
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still popping after SERT and Dyno

Had the SERT installed and Dyno at the same time. Still popping some. Not as bad and very random when it does occur. The A/F looks good although the dyno didn't capture below 2400 RPM. I have a Heritage Classic, '06 with SE II slip ons and the Breather kit. No tach. Would an intake leak cause popping all the time? Or could it be random too. Just trying to figure out if there is something else going on. Will have them check for leak when I get it back in to them. They started with the map that called out in the software and did some changes in the VE tables. It is running cooler and popping less but still there and like I said very random. If this dealer can't get it right I am going to try to find another tuner. I live in Indianapolis and if anybody can endorse good tuner in the area in case I need a back up. What maps are others using for a setup like mine. I am getting frustrated with the whole thing.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Default RE: Still popping after SERT and Dyno

If it is an occasional backfire, I would suspect you have an exhaust leak. Check all connections, head, mufflers, and crossover. Remove and reinstall your pipes with SE exhuast gaskets, new crossover gaskets, and clamps. Torque to factory spec.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
FLSTCI nut
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Still popping after SERT and Dyno

Thanks Geo I will have them check that out when I get it in to them.