Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Update after finally installing Terry Components TVII system

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:20 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update after finally installing Terry Components TVII system

Well, all I can say is WOW!!!. It's like I have a crotch rocket motor in a Harley frame.[sm=happybounce.gif] Thottle response is definitely quicker, seat of the pants dyno says it has more torque....All around very happy with the new addition. [sm=groupwave.gif]

I might add that when I installed the TVII I also added a set of Fullsac recored FLTRI slip ons, so this might account for a little of the overall improvement. Regardless the motor is runnng better than it ever has and hopefully will improve on gas mileage also, before the TVII I was getting right at 44.2 MPG. I will post a follow up on the MPG once I get a couplel fo tanks through her!!!

Just as a quick test for the overall performance of the Terminal Velocity II I went and rode the Dragon (US 129) to see if the TVII would adjust for elevation changes and numerous accelerations and decelerations, it was a blast going to and from Deal's Gap (318 curves in 11 miles each way). The motor never once coughed, popped on decel, surged when let off on the gas nothing, just a sweet smooth ride on the Dragon....>What a BLAST!!![sm=biker2.gif]

Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Update after finally installing Terry Components TVII system

Thanks for that report Joe, I'm sure a lot of people , like myself, will be glad to hear that. I'd like to get one and some good exhaust for my RK. I beleive that it's the way to go. Stafford

Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How was the install?
Is this very much different fron the original TFI?

Old 07-01-2006, 01:30 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain

The TVII was easy to install except for connecting it to the TPS wires. You have to cut or splice 5 wires for TVII to work. Connecting the wires at the ECM was very easy and very accesible. I had to remove my A/C and backplate just to get to the TPS sesnor wires. Routing the wires from the ECM to the TPS sensor was alos kind of tricky but just took some time finding the best path and most "clean looking" route. The total install took me less than 1 hour. But make sure you have a place on your exhaust for the O2 sensor before starting the installlation.

I have to tell you that after the TVII install my bike runs like a totally different motorcycle, smooth at any speed, no decel popping, no surging or coughing of the motor, good acceleration, lower RPM's at all speeds...As an example before the install when I would cruise @ 70 MPG I would run right @ 3100 RPM's. Now @ the same speed I am running 2800 RPM's. I expect my MPG to improve due to the reduced load on the motor, but I haven't had time to find out with the weather and other activities taking up my time.

Hope this helps...I beleive it was well worth the money based on the improvements I have seen so far!!!!

Old 07-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

@ 70 MPG I would run right @ 3100 RPM's. Now @ the same speed I am running 2800 RPM's
Howzat work? Did you swap any gearing?

Old 07-02-2006, 03:56 AM
bobcowan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: joeschmoe

.As an example before the install when I would cruise @ 70 MPG I would run right @ 3100 RPM's. Now @ the same speed I am running 2800 RPM's.
I'm with him. A physical impossibility.

I'm glad to hear about all the other stuff, though. If my bike wasn't already closed loop, I'd be buying one of those boxes now.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:42 AM
joeschmoe
Road Captain

I made no changes except for the slip ons and TVII....I don't know how, I assumed it was due to burning richer once the TVII was installed. Just a guess. Anyway I can now cruise at 70MPH and turn 2800 RPM's...It might be I never really noticed my RPM's but I would swear that before the install I was turning 3K to 3100 RPM's at 70 MPH!!!

Don't know but I like the improvements!!! It's like having a NEW Harley with a very quick throttle response!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 02:52 PM
05FLHTI
Advanced

Does anyone else have a report on Terry's Terminal Velocity II? Good or bad? I am toying with buying one for my '05 FLHTI.

Old 07-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

Could be just an illusion because your engine is running more efficiently at highway speeds? Thehellifiknow!

I sorta wish I'd went ahead & got the TV II instead of the PC III. Now I've had very good results w/the Dynojet module, but it sure would be nice to have a self correcting set-up for any future engine mods: no more $$ for dyno-tuning!! Maybe I'm being silly, but I was worried about mounting the sensors. Doesn't welding the bungholes to the exhaust ruin the chrome & leave an open door for rusting, etc?

VicW.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:43 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Sleeps In Trees

Could be just an illusion because your engine is running more efficiently at highway speeds? Thehellifiknow!

I sorta wish I'd went ahead & got the TV II instead of the PC III. Now I've had very good results w/the Dynojet module, but it sure would be nice to have a self correcting set-up for any future engine mods: no more $$ for dyno-tuning!! Maybe I'm being silly, but I was worried about mounting the sensors. Doesn't welding the bungholes to the exhaust ruin the chrome & leave an open door for rusting, etc?

VicW.
That was the only problem I had with the entire install......But I cheated I bought a set of Bub Cross Duals with the bung already installed...End of problem![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Update after finally installing Terry Components TVII system