Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIIIusb on 06 Models

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:15 AM
copperjohn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIIIusb on 06 Models

old news cowboy,check this forum and V-twin forum,the only problem with starting immediately after you turn the kill switch on is you are bypassing the communication between the sensors and the ecm,one of the factory harley techs on another forum said that starting with this procedure will eventually cause damage to the sensors,take this for what it's worth.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the run switch for the starter and the ignition switch for the ECM, sensors, etc? I can't see how turning on the run switch after turning on the ignition would make a difference.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer

I have a PCIII USB and love it. I can tune it my self. If I had a dyno or had someone that I would trust with a dyno I might consider a SERT but I don’t. I have a real good map now and am very happy with it. My bike starts on the second crank a little slower that stock but not much. George

[IMG]local://upfiles/9350/91E9265F1FC2410E95B468666AC14370.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-18-2006, 07:44 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I have a St Bob and had the dealer drop Pythons and a SE A/C with a PCIII. Right away I noticed the longer cranking to fire the bike. I emailed PC and got a response:

We have had a lot of reports on the slow start. We are currently working on
it. It does not effect the way the bike runs, just a slower start. I will
let you know as soon as we have a fix.

Thank you,

Curt Schannen
Dynojet Research
Technical Support
(800)992-4993

I think the bike runs fine other then startup. However, I REALLY want the issue fixed.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

I don't have the slow start problem on my 06 Street Glide. I have the PCIII - USB, the SE air cleaner, and V&H Ovals. I loaded the map for this setup, but I do get a hesitation when I first hit the throttle taking off from a stop. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Has anyone experinced this? I am in the process of adding more fuel to the 0%, 2% and 10% at 1000 & 1500 on my map. Seems to help some, but still not right.[sm=chairshot.gif]

I see that Dynojet has a software for an accelerater pump feature, but I cannot get the software to acknowledge the PCIII. It thinks there is no voltage to the unit when I do have voltage, thus the program will not run. Has anyone used this feature? Any problems????

My 04 Deuce had no issues with a PCIII, ran great, started fine, never had any issues!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM
notarheli
Cruiser

I have the exact same problem. To date I haven't started to work on it. Mine is a custom map done when dyno'd.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: denispetit
I have the PCIII - USB, the SE air cleaner, and V&H Ovals. I loaded the map for this setup, but I do get a hesitation when I first hit the throttle taking off from a stop. [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Has anyone experinced this? I am in the process of adding more fuel to the 0%, 2% and 10% at 1000 & 1500 on my map. Seems to help some, but still not right.[sm=chairshot.gif]

I see that Dynojet has a software for an accelerater pump feature, but I cannot get the software to acknowledge the PCIII. It thinks there is no voltage to the unit when I do have voltage, thus the program will not run. Has anyone used this feature? Any problems????
I am having the same throttle hesitation.
This has caused a couple handling issues not being used to the hesitation. I would really like to correct it.
I have installed the Accelerator Pump and have experimented with no luck on curing the throttle hesitation.

I'm running a 06 Ultra with Stock ECM, Air & V&H Oval slip ons.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have this same hesitation and talked to Power Commander today, they say to look at the lower bands of RPM and Throttle and add a little fuel and experiment... Not sure that is what I wanted to hear, but might be worth a shot

Old 07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

That's funny, i emailed them today and got the same reponse and they sent me this video too:

USBButtonAdjust.wmv

Old 07-26-2006, 07:27 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

Oh yeah:

He explained that the buttons will richen all throttle positions in the corresponding RPM range.

You can go to “view” and then “power commander information” to see what RPM’s each button will change in your laptop software. Low controls 0-1666 RPM, Mid controls 1667 - 3333 RPM, and High controls 3334 - 5000 RPM.

Each increase on the light bar (going towards rich) is a 2% increase in mixture in that given RPM band.

See pic below:

Hope this helps. I will try mine tomorrow and let you know.

Quick Reply: PCIIIusb on 06 Models