Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Slow starting after installing the PCV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Slow starting after installing the PCV

I had my Stage 1 installed a couple of months ago, and I bought the PCV retro-fitted for my '08 Street Glide from Jamie at fuelmoto. The bike runs perfectly and I've got no problems other than it taking 3-4 seconds to start now, when it never did before. Has anybody else run into this? I fired an e-mail off to Jamie a couple of minutes ago, but his site says it can take up to 48 hours to get a response, and I figured somebody here may know the answer to this and be able to respond sooner.

Also, after plugging my lap-top into my PCV and trying to download the current map, so that I could tinker with it a little bit without losing the original map nothing happened. I can't seem to make the existing map download to my computer. Any ideas. I'm not the best with computers but I didn't think this would be "that difficult". Can anybody explain how to do this to me? I'd really appreciate any help that you guys can give me, Jeff

Old 10-01-2009, 03:27 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Also, the instructional video I received was for the Power Commander II. And it came in the box from Dynojet. How can they be three models beyond that and still not update their videos??? Does anybody have a PCV D.V.D. that they can lend me or tell me where I can get one? I suppose I could call Dynojet and see if they've got a more recent version than the one I received too.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:30 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

I don't think there is any tuner that lets you offload the factory ECU map, edit it, and reload it. The PCV map supplied by Fuelmoto perhaps, but I dunno.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:34 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes you can with the PCV map. But for whatever reason, after tinkering with the included software, I discovered that it won't download onto my computer, that's why I'm not able to link up my PCV with my laptop. I'm going to have to call Dynojet tomorrow and see what the hell's going on.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
gamb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile pcv

i have a pcv on my 2008 street glide w/map supplied by fuel moto.103,street ported heads,54hs,and 2-1 fatcat. heat is gone,but i have lost mpg and does not crank as good as before.i know every setup is different, thinking about trying auto tune w/pcv. anyone have it or any input? thanks.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

May be too rich cranking fuel. If that is adjustable with your tunner.

Check connections or Cables (Bilkin?) with the conputer. On the program somewhere there is a place to specify Com 1, Com2, etc something like that. That hung me up before.

Nomatter I can mostly make them work, I trully believe it is all majic.

Last edited by Old Gunny; 10-06-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Whoad00d
Tourer

ok man so if you want to get your map that you currently have on your pcv right now here is what you will have to do.

1. start pcv program
2. link pcv and computer with usb cable
3. turn bike on
4. press the run switch to run to send power to injectors and primes the bike
5. then click load map

that right there should bring up the current map that your pcv has on it right now and if you want to "tinker" with it click on a box and use ur page up and page down to adjust the fuel ratio, if you have any other quests feel free to PM me.

Russ

Old 10-06-2009, 05:49 PM
105proof
Intermediate

Holly S**t thats so cool !! Thanks I'll try it.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:45 PM
a34655
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Whoad00d
ok man so if you want to get your map that you currently have on your pcv right now here is what you will have to do.

1. start pcv program
2. link pcv and computer with usb cable
3. turn bike on
4. press the run switch to run to send power to injectors and primes the bike
5. then click load map

that right there should bring up the current map that your pcv has on it right now and if you want to "tinker" with it click on a box and use ur page up and page down to adjust the fuel ratio, if you have any other quests feel free to PM me.

Russ
In step 5 you want to click on GET MAP to retrieve the map already in the PCV. If you click load map you send a map TO the PCV.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

With the PC-V you do not need to turn the igntion or start switches on as the PC-V unit is powered thru the USB. As far as a starting delay, we have seen this on some 08 touring models but this is in no way a problem and can be eliminated by using the starting procedure of turning the ignition switch on and starting the bike immediately, you do not need to wait for the engine light to go out for any reason. This starting procedure will allow the bike to start immediately and this is likely the same technique you us every time you start your car.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: Slow starting after installing the PCV