Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Wrong Flash installed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Ned69
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong Flash installed?

Hello all. My 06 FLHRCI had SE pro slip ons and SE filter installed by dealer at 1K service, along with the HD flash. Bike runs a little rough, especially at low rpms in stop-n-go traffic. Dealer says it has the wrong flash, and they have to order the one that should be loaded. Says it used to be something they could download off website, but this requires a small module which they don't have in stock and it must be ordered.

Does this sound right??

Old 06-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Spartan
Road Captain
Default RE: Wrong Flash installed?

From what I understand it is possible that you may have the wrong flash. Certain flashes can be downloaded, others need to be ordered (ex. Stage 1 Race). I don't understand why the dealer would make that mistake, unless of course the tech didn't know what the hell he was doing or they didn't have the correct flash and figured they'd install what they had and hoped there would be no problems.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Ned69
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Spartan

I don't understand why the dealer would make that mistake, unless of course the tech didn't know what the hell he was doing or they didn't have the correct flash and figured they'd install what they had and hoped there would be no problems.

That's what I'm beginning to think too. There were too many small details that were barely acceptable when the 1k service was done, along with the pipes, air cleaner and HD download.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 AM
whateva
Tourer

I installed Samson Rolled Thunder slipons and a Ness Big Sucker causing it to run rough, lean and hot. Insatlled a PCIII, downloaded the map and that was that. You would think that the dealer would have addressed the lean condition when installing the new setup. Sometimes they make it hard to trust them. Just my 2 cents worth

Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Ned69
Advanced

My dealer still hasn't recieved a module to load a new flash. He said they are calling all over everywhere trying to get this....seems to be an item in hot demand. This sounds to me like HD has an updated flash for the 06s and now demand is greater than supply.

I also just got off the phone with Fuelmoto....if the crap with HD doesn't get better soon, my mind is all but made up and by the weekend I'll have the PCIII. That was a waste of good cash to spend it on the HD flash, and the labor for my stealer to install it!

Old 06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

I was on the phone with MoCo Customer Service yesterday. They said that all the '06 stage 1 "race" cartridges were released from backorder last Friday. I called my dealer and they had not recieved any yet. MoCo customer service told me to have the dealer call tech. support. It appears that many of the dealers are not educated in the difference between the "street" and "race" download and the "race" download having to be ordered in cartridge form. I told the dealer exactly what part number to order based on my conversation with Customer Service. What burns me is that the dealers are installing the "street" download and not informing the customer of any issues.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

What part number are you showing? SB put out this list of part numbers in a previous thread:

06 Touring & FLSTSCI
1450 Stage I Legal 34232-06/DT 8 SE A/C w/ Stock or Active Performance Exhaust
1450 Stage I Legal 34365-06/DT 25 SE A/C w/ Stock or Active Performance Exhaust
1450 Stage I Race 34409-06 8 SE A/C & SE Pro Performance Mufflers
1450 Stage I Race 34352-06 25 SE A/C & SE Pro Performance Mufflers

Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

HD Customer Service gave me part number 34352-06 for stage 1 with SE II mufflers. The race flash is only available in cartridge form. Customer service said that they are working on making the race flash available as a download to eleviate distribution problems with the cartridges.