Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEST Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009 | 06:30 PM
fastbagger
|
Road Captain
Default SEST Tuning

Today I purchased a SEST and installed software and VCI onto my cpu. Prior to downloading a map to my ECU I want to save the prior map that is already on my ECU (stage 1 download). For some reason I cannot save this download. Reason why? Thanks.

Old 09-26-2009 | 09:03 PM
RA51
Road Master

The SEST software will not save your origanal ecm map. Only the TTS will save the original map in ecm

Old 09-27-2009 | 12:33 AM
fastbagger
|
Road Captain

You're kidding right? I specifically asked the parts dept if it would retain stock map and was told yes. Now when I open up the calibration all the cell values read 0.0. If I load that map is my ecm going to have 0.0 in all the cell values? Do I have to adjust the cell values manually to whatever I want?

Old 09-27-2009 | 07:08 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fastbagger
You're kidding right? I specifically asked the parts dept if it would retain stock map and was told yes. Now when I open up the calibration all the cell values read 0.0. If I load that map is my ecm going to have 0.0 in all the cell values? Do I have to adjust the cell values manually to whatever I want?
Do yourself a huge favor and buy the traing DVD or take the time to read the manual.

Old 09-27-2009 | 07:29 AM
RA51
Road Master

Reason it shows 0.0 values as you have it in the basic mode. To see the different values in the cells you need to set to advanced mode.

Old 09-27-2009 | 09:33 AM
fastbagger
|
Road Captain

RA51 thanks. MSOCKO3 that's great advice. I purchased the training DVD 3 days prior to purchasing the SEST and read it. The SEST software is actually easy to use and understand, even for a simpleton like me! Oh yeah, one more question. On the map it says ACR on or ACR disabled. What does that mean? Also map 205TD004.dt0 which is for air cleaner and race exhaust appear to be the HD stage 1 download as the cruise range is set to 14.6 to 1. Am I correct?

Last edited by fastbagger; 09-27-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-27-2009 | 11:11 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

RA51 thanks. MSOCKO3 that's great advice. I purchased the training DVD 3 days prior to purchasing the SEST and read it. The SEST software is actually easy to use and understand, even for a simpleton like me! Oh yeah, one more question. On the map it says ACR on or ACR disabled. What does that mean? Also map 205TD004.dt0 which is for air cleaner and race exhaust appear to be the HD stage 1 download as the cruise range is set to 14.6 to 1. Am I correct?
The ACR stands for Automatic Compression Release. If you have the ACR's installed this is how they turned on or off. The 96" engines don't have then, the Police, Triglide & Ultra Ltd 103's come with them from the factory. You are correct, 205TD004 is for a 08-09 Touring 96" engine with Stage 1.

Old 09-27-2009 | 11:15 AM
fastbagger
|
Road Captain

Msocko3 thanks for the info. All I am attempting to achieve is to cool the motor a little as I live in AZ and it gets hot. If I change the red area from 14.6 to 14.1 and don't change anything else will I achieve a cooler running engine? Thanks.

Old 09-27-2009 | 09:25 PM
fastbagger
|
Road Captain

OK just got home from riding after installing the SEST. I changed all values that were 14.6 to 14.0. The bike runs much smoother and the exhaust actually for some reason seems to be more quiet. It was 102 here today, and after riding 80 mph on freeway for 30 miles and stopping and idling for 5 minutes did the heat management finally quick in. I have an appointment this week to have a dyno completed, but the way the bike feels now I am thinking of skipping the dyno.

Old 09-28-2009 | 06:07 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

OK just got home from riding after installing the SEST. I changed all values that were 14.6 to 14.0. The bike runs much smoother and the exhaust actually for some reason seems to be more quiet. It was 102 here today, and after riding 80 mph on freeway for 30 miles and stopping and idling for 5 minutes did the heat management finally quick in. I have an appointment this week to have a dyno completed, but the way the bike feels now I am thinking of skipping the dyno.
If you have access to a good tuner I'd spend the money on the Dyno. Once you change the 14.6 cells to a value lower that that you no longer using the O2 sensors. You can use the CLB table to fatten it up so the O2 sensors are still doing their thing.

Quick Reply: SEST Tuning