Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Sert on 06 Sportster problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 07:50 AM
stimbrell
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sert on 06 Sportster problem

Hi all,
I am having a problem using the SERT on my 06 883 which has the basic 1200 conversion. I test the com port and it is ok, then when I go to download a calibration it says you must update the module first but when I select one of the calibrations I get an error message "you can not download this calibration" the module was in the sealed box with the warning stickers so I don't think it has been used on another bike, could I have an older version that will not work on th 06's ? Any help will be most welcome.

Steve.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM
fiugzel
Cruiser
Default RE: Sert on 06 Sportster problem

When you did the 1200cc conversion you switched over to EFI?

Just curious. I thought the Sportys were still only available as carbureted bikes.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:39 PM
springer_
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will assume you have the SE Pro Ignition tuner and not the SERT for EFI bikes. I don't believe there is an older version as it is made for 04 and up carb bikes. Is it possible you are selecting a map for big twin and not a sporty? What map are you trying to load? Are you using a USB to serial converter or an actual serial port on the PC? The last time I played with the SE Ignition tuner there was some catch to loading the map but I can't remember what it was. After reading the direction a little more thoroughly I was able to load it.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:27 PM
stimbrell
Stage III

Guys
I think I have not explained myself clearly, it is the SE idnition race tuner kit I have, which only changes the ignition map on Sportsters, as pointed out it is a carb bike, no EFI. I am trying to download a map for the sportster, in fact I tried all the available options just to see what would happen, with no luck. Think I should have gone with the Twin Tec 88A.

Steve.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:33 PM
stimbrell
Stage III

Springer,
Just to confirm the laptop I have has a serial port so no, I am not using any conversions.

Steve