Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

sert disc

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006 | 05:32 PM
rmacnh
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sert disc

Bought my bike in Feb and had a SE Filter and SERT along with SE slash downs installed. I was looking at the SERT package and found that the disc package was never opend. The box with the cables was open, just not the disc. Could they have actually installeded the SERT without opening and using the disc?

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:11 PM
Big Red
Cruiser
Default RE: sert disc

Oh yea the could have taken it to a shop that allready has the program loaded in there computer and dont need theres,like a dyno shop, the little black boxs is the expensive baby it records your VIN

Old 06-07-2006 | 09:43 PM
rmacnh
|
Advanced

Thanks Big Red, found the black box in the package and it had been connected to something. I hope my bike and a computer!!

Old 06-08-2006 | 01:27 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: rmacnh

Bought my bike in Feb and had a SE Filter and SERT along with SE slash downs installed. I was looking at the SERT package and found that the disc package was never opend. The box with the cables was open, just not the disc. Could they have actually installeded the SERT without opening and using the disc?
My dealer only needs the lil black box as they already have the cables and the programs loaded into their computer.

Old 06-08-2006 | 04:18 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installing a SERT is not correct terminology even though many dealers use it. SERT is Screaming Eagle Race Tuner and it consists of the little black box, which is the interface unit that stores your VIN, two cables and some software. Nothing from that package is actually installed but a MAP is downloaded from the computer software through the interface box into your ECM. The cables and black box are disconnected from the bike when done, and the plug cover is put back on and stored neatly.

Hopefully your dealer gave you a copy of the map they loaded or told you the name of the standard map they loaded.