Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

dealer wouldnt change injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:14 PM
omerta
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer wouldnt change injectors

i have an 06 deluxe 8400 mi. it has the first run injectors. ran fine til about 7800 mi. took it to dealer today they said they rode it and it ran fine and wouldnt put the 23 injectors in. because it ran ok and i have a pc open ac and true duals, all of which were put on at the dealers before i even rode the bike! they did try to sell me a race tuner. lol

Last edited by omerta; 08-24-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it to another dealer and tell t hem it has cold start issues and stalling when it is cold.
That is what I told the dealer here and they replaced them without question.
How are they going to say it runs fine if it is already warmed up, and the service notice is for cold start issues?
Mine too ran fine when it was warm, but it would stall,at around 2000 rpms, when it was cold.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM
omerta
6th Gear

ya i told them it spit coughed even died! even trailered it there so it would be cold! oh well i live 80 mi from five dealers one will surely change them.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

you know when they replaced mine (3 years ago), I was having a piece of chrome replaced under warranty, the service guy asked if I had any other issues, I told him about the stalling issue when cold, they replaced them without question.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
omerta
6th Gear

wow! im goin to pick it up n the morning. gonna hand the sm and the sw the copy of the service bulliten extending it to 5 years or 16k miles.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

What is the new service bulletin number? Do you have link for it? I read the orginal one, it more or less said the customer reports these problems.
If you do not wish to post the number or a link can you PM me, I have a friend who may want the info. I did not know it had been extended to 15K or 5 years.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 AM
omerta
6th Gear

dont have link getting paper copy from my local mech. i will pm you with info when i get it.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you read the second page of the Service Bulletin M-1185????

In the beginning of the flow chart, it goes as follows:

Check the following:
● Fuel has the recommended octane rating and is not contaminated.
● IAC operation.
● Spark plug condition.
● Engine is configured correctly (with the appropriate air cleaner and exhaust).
● Vehicle configuration is supported by the correct calibration. Refer to Calibration Information on h-dnet.com.

Judging by your first posting, your bike fails the requirements, as it has a true dual and a PC....

Are you SURE that it is the injectors and not something else, like maybe the PC, IAC or intake seals....

If it were the injectors, the problem would have been there from day 1, and not come on all of a sudden, meaning that you would have been complaining aboiut this issue from when the bike was new...

Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

My problem was not there from day 1, but shortly there after. Bob is correct, it would not show up all of the sudden after several years. Here is the link to the bulletin. M-1185 . My dealer did not require me to put the stock air filter and exhaust back on, but they should of, according to the follow chart.
Sounds like if you are just wanting the 25 degree injectors or have had the same problem for years, put the stock stuff back on, remove the PC, and then complain. If you are truly having a new problem, then I would look else where beginning the with PC connector.
Thanks for the insight Bob.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:01 AM
omerta
6th Gear

will pm with info.

Quick Reply: dealer wouldnt change injectors