Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2006 Ultra Classic - I'm a new HD owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Front 1/4
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ultra Classic - I'm a new HD owner

Looking for some insight, I just purchased this bike and it has a True duel Rinehart exhaust. It seems to be running a little sluggish at times so I was going to check the mapping on it. Ok this is where I need help, I don't see a power commander unit on the bike, and I'm not sure what a HD race tuner would look like? How can I tell if there is a tuner on the bike, and if there is one can I buy just an adapter to plug into it and get the mapping or do I have to buy the whole kit including the cert? Sorry that I sound so lost but I really am... Thanks for your time and help.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Race tuners are really little thingies that allow your computer or laptop to communicate with the ECM.
Not an add on. Hook it up to a connector there, do with it what you want and then take the tunner off.

So you do not have any kind of tuner there looks like.
You are going to have an interesting time I bet. Enjoy.

Suggest you read all you can, study these forums. Look at all the different tuners. There are simple ones and then ones that require you to know something about fuel injection and engine management.

If you know how auto FI works this Delphi system is the same.

I have gone through all this over the years and really like the TTS Mastertune (looks just like the SERT) which is designed by the same people who designed the SERT for HD. But it reguires some personal imput. Not hard though. You will eventually arrive at this point if you get interested in how it all works.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

There are some people and dealers that think its just fine to put on True Duals and then use a Stage 1 upload, its the wrong thing to do. That sucker in most cases is going to have lean spots all over the place.