Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel Map Failing to Load

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Fear Night
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Map Failing to Load

I just got back from a quick ride and my bike was not acting right. I noticed the bike was popping a lot when I let off the gas and was not revving smoothly. It ran exactly like it did before I dialed in my PCIII fuel map. I decided to pull over, cut everything off, and sat for about 15-20 seconds. I start back up and it runs perfectly again. I'm assuming the PCIII failed to boot up and load my fuel map.

Also, a little back story. This is maybe the 3rd time this has happened to me in about a year, so it isn't very frequent. The first two times it happened I thought it was stale fuel that caused the issue. One time I poured in some gas from a can I had, the other time I figured there was bad fuel in the pump. For both of those cases I siphoned out the bad fuel and went to another station. Re-filling solved the problem for both cases.

It also seems the problem came up right after I fill up at a gas station. Yesterday afternoon I filled up on the way home. Do you think I may have overfilled the tank on these 3 cases? Or is it most likely just a problem with the PCIII not loading up? I'm curious if anybody else has had similar issues.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,387 Likes on 959 Posts

Originally Posted by Fear Night
I just got back from a quick ride and my bike was not acting right. I noticed the bike was popping a lot when I let off the gas and was not revving smoothly. It ran exactly like it did before I dialed in my PCIII fuel map. I decided to pull over, cut everything off, and sat for about 15-20 seconds. I start back up and it runs perfectly again. I'm assuming the PCIII failed to boot up and load my fuel map.

Also, a little back story. This is maybe the 3rd time this has happened to me in about a year, so it isn't very frequent. The first two times it happened I thought it was stale fuel that caused the issue. One time I poured in some gas from a can I had, the other time I figured there was bad fuel in the pump. For both of those cases I siphoned out the bad fuel and went to another station. Re-filling solved the problem for both cases.

It also seems the problem came up right after I fill up at a gas station. Yesterday afternoon I filled up on the way home. Do you think I may have overfilled the tank on these 3 cases? Or is it most likely just a problem with the PCIII not loading up? I'm curious if anybody else has had similar issues.
Gosh, had to download quote to keep up. A lot of info. Did you get your PCIII from FuelMoto? If so you should contact them about the problem. If not ,I am sorry, you are on your own.

Last edited by OLD 96; 08-04-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Fear Night
Tourer

Originally Posted by OLD 96
Gosh, had to download quote to keep up. A lot of info. Did you get your PCIII from FuelMoto? If so you should contact them about the problem. If not ,I am sorry, you are on your own.
Nope, I did not get my PCIII through them.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:26 AM
bikergar
Cruiser

Your first step if you suspect it could be an overfill would be to not top it off the next 2 or 3 trips to the gas station.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your PCIII have the feature to select between the original and current MAP? If so, maybe the switch is toying with you, if you have one installed.

Last edited by ColdCase; 08-04-2009 at 10:51 AM.