Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PC V by fuel moto help

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 07:21 PM
harleydude68
|
Road Master
Default PC V by fuel moto help

I just received the pc V power commander unit from Fuel Moto today. I called them and explained to them my set up for air cleaner and exhaust they supposedly installed the software in the unit and sent it out to me.

I installed it no problem (very easy). I installed the software on my laptop hooked it up into the power commander and I have no f'n clue what to do next. Somebody please help with this.
I Took the bike out for a spin and the bike runs like ****. As of this moment I am not a happy nor impressed with this at all. Someone please explain to me what I am missing or what I need to do. Thanks

Old 07-23-2009 | 07:49 AM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

My bike had decel popping when i hooked it up at first. What i did was to hook the bike up to a laptop then gave them a call and they then told me how and what numbers to adjust. Now my bike runs great. So i sudjest you do the same. If you buy from them they give you free support. Good Luck.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:09 PM
streetg7
Road Captain

just received my package from fuelmoto...cant wait to install...Im not allowed to ride yet! Doc orders!

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:35 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

keep us posted...

Old 07-23-2009 | 04:32 PM
harleydude68
|
Road Master

I will keep you all posted. I wrote this thread yesterday in a p *$$'d off mood. Sorry if I came across as being an azzhat.

Old 07-25-2009 | 02:21 PM
harleydude68
|
Road Master

ok - Whew! The other day when I installed the PCV on the bike and installed the software on my lap top and hooked that into the bike etc. etc. etc. I had forgotten that the person at Fuel Moto told me to make sure the TPS was set to zero.

This morning It dawned on me to check it and found out that the TPS was at 100%. obviously not good - not good at all hence the really really rich condition that I was getting. I followed the directions to the letter reset the TPS to zero and all is well.

I stand here before all to see I admit that I am male and I always try to do things without reading the directions first and there I was. So glad I married a good woman to point out these things. (I write this just in case she happens to read this)

To make a long story short - I set the TPS to zero, took the bike for a ride and low and behold the PCV is everything I wanted it to do. The bike runs just fine with no more pop during deceleration. I am now a very happy customer of the PCV and Fuel Moto.

Old 07-25-2009 | 05:56 PM
Knoxville81
Cruiser

Any noticeable performance improvements?

Old 07-25-2009 | 07:01 PM
harleydude68
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Knoxville81
Any noticeable performance improvements?
Define noticeable.

Old 07-25-2009 | 07:14 PM
Knoxville81
Cruiser

Better throttle response, better mpg, any noticeable seat of the pants improvements when driving it hard...

Old 07-25-2009 | 07:32 PM
harleydude68
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Knoxville81
Better throttle response, better mpg, any noticeable seat of the pants improvements when driving it hard...
MPG: I'll have to let you know. - Just installed today and was only able to take it for a quick spin.

Throttle resopnse: - I'll have to say yes. It seems to be "smoother" if that makes sense.

Seat of the pants improvements: Not so much of a difference that it didn't feel like my bike. I think if I got the bike dyno tuned I would feel a significant difference because you can set the mixtures in each head for each gear at varying RPM's etc. etc. etc. I (personally) am not going to bother with all that. The beauty of having this is I can if do decide to later.

Where I noticed the biggest difference is that there is no longer any decel pop signifying a lean condition. This is the main reason I got PCV in the first place. With that being said now that the air / fuel mixture is improved I do notice it more in the throttle and sound.

Quick Reply: PC V by fuel moto help