Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

dyna 03 / blinking lights/ gauges not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
eaglesmog03
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyna 03 / blinking lights/ gauges not working

ok, so i get up saturday morning to go on a poker run for burn camp. I go outside to check the oil, start my dyna wide glide up go back in the house for a minute so the bike can warm up, my senior satues kicks in and i forget the bike is running. about a half hour later it hits me. i run outside and turn the bike off. a little later i head out. one would think that since i am about to go on a ride to help kids that have been burned go to camp that the good lord would be good to me. NO SUCH LUCK. the bike ran great, BUT, through the 200 miles my speedo, gas gauge, auto turn signals were for most of the trip not working. when i would turn on the bike after each stop my emergnancy flashers would flash about 6 times ( no security system) lets just say all the indicator lights were going haywire. when i got home the bike smelled sort of like rotten eggs????? I had to wait until Monday to call the hd dealership who informed me they would not be able to look at bike for about 2 weeks. so i ask, any ideas. No, he says, none of that sounds familiar to me, we'll have to look at it. I asked if my leaving it running that morning could have messed something up, no he says. Hmmmmm, I don't want to wait 2 weeks, I feel like i am between a rock and hard place. I have had past experiences with my local hd dealership and they are not always very honest. so i start researching the internet. being both old and not internet savy, i did not get to far. i tried to find fail codes for the 03, it could be i am just stupid or they are a big secret. so my son comes over, we try to start the bike and click, click, click. we took the battery off his bike and got a click and it roared to life. we tried 3 times to start bike up with his battery and got that clicking b4 it roared it life. i told him to take the battery off bcuz i did not want his battery draining. can anyone give me any ideas? I talkes to one guy who suggested it could be the battery and the votgage regulator. the battery is the orginal. i can throw a new battery on but would it drain? and would the battery going bad cause all those indicators to stop working and the check engine light to go on. I am not sure what my kid did but he came up with a code 11. anyone know what that mean? HELP, I am lost without my harley