Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Polk Audio Marine Speakers Grill?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Polk Audio Marine Speakers Grill?

I posted this in the Touring section, but wanted as much coverage as possible. Electrical qualifies I guess cause there isn't any radio/stereo/speaker section...I've got the Polk Audio 6 1/2" Marine Speakers in my Dead Center Fairing. They are the silver ones shown in the link provided: http://www.deadcentercycles.com/audio.aspx
They have a small tweeter right in the center as you can see. I'm trying to find some nice black mesh grills to put on these speakers so they don't look so obnoxious. I've already contacted both Dead Center and Polk Audio, and while they both say it sounds like a great idea, they've also both told me they don't carry anything. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me with this one. Thanks in advance for any leads. I'd love to find something and get it on before the Sturgis run.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
bcomes
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"obnoxious"....I can't think of a better word to describe them. Mine were also silver. I got some relief by painting them black.